26 | i l o v e y o u

"Do you wanna go on a date?"

I turned around in my desk and looked at my best friend. "Lils, I didn't know you batted for both teams."

"Shut up! I meant like a friendship date," she rolled her eyes at me.

I pretended to think deeply and nodded slowly. "I think that you could have just asked me to hang out with you."

"I wanted to be cute, okay?" She admitted with a sigh.

I blinked my eyelashes flirtingly. "Well in that case, I would love to go on a friendship date with you Lilli."

"Yes!" She yelled louder than she should have in the classroom.

"Can you keep it down? I'm trying to take notes," Ace spoke up sarcastically from in front of me.

Lilli scoffed. "You're just jealous that I'm taking Rose out on a date before you do."

"Am not. Besides, we've been on a date," he pouted.

I lifted an eyebrow. "When?"

Ace looked wounded that I didn't remember our so called date. "When I was trying to get you to talk to me again. Remember? The note? The flowers? The chicken nuggets?"

"Chicken strips," I corrected.

He held up his hands in surrender. "That was a date."

"You never formally asked me on a date. You didn't even like me then," I amended.

Lilli chuckled. "Okay, sure."

"I did too! You were just oblivious," Ace told me.

I rolled my eyes. "Right."

"So, you want me to formally ask you on a date?" Ace quirked. I squinted, processing what he was probably about to do.

It would probably be stupid and embarrassing.

I heard Lilli sigh beside me and lean back in her chair, arms across her chest in defeat. Ace smirked at me and then stood up.

In the middle of class.

"I have something to say," Ace announced to our teacher and class.

Our teacher just rolled her eyes. "Yes, Mr. Carter?"

"I wanted to ask my girl out on a date," he paused. "Formally."

I closed my eyes and let my face hit my desk. End my suffering. "Is this really necessary, Mr. Carter?" She asked.

Ace merely shrugged with his heart stopping smile and proceeded. "So, what do you say Mel? Will you go on a date with me?"

I lifted my head miserably and winced when I saw the whole class's eyes on me. "If I say yes, will you never torture me like this again?" He nodded encouragingly. "Then yes."