20 | r e l a t i o n s h i p a d v i c e

Sophie Roman wasn't my favorite person

Sophie Roman wasn't my favorite person. That was no surprise. But what was a surprise was finding her shirtless and underneath Ace, kissing him on his bed. My first instinct was to immediately throw him off of her and push her out of the window.

But I didn't do that. Instead, I apologized. "Sorry! You didn't answer when I knocked and I wanted to talk to you..." I trailed off.

Both Ace and Sophie whipped their heads toward me. Ace looked like he had seen a ghost but Sophie looked pleased. As if my getting flustered was her intention all along.

Before I could do or say anything stupid, I turned around and started to walk back to my room. It was going to be difficult as hell to stay in the room across the hall if he kept this up.

I heard the bed creak with movement and turned back to see Ace shooting off of it. He somehow ended up in front of me and held his hands out to stop me from pushing passed him.

"Mel," he whispered.

I clenched my jaw in an effort to stop myself from tearing up. There was no way I was crying in front of him. He doesn't get to see me sad. I tried to keep my face as emotionless as possible but I didn't think I succeeded.

"What?" I finally answered him, my voice barely above a whisper.

He sputtered for a few seconds, not knowing what to tell me. "It's not what-"

"It's not what it looks like, right?" I finished his sentence. It was almost sad how cliche and overused the line was. Ace said nothing. "Whatever, okay? So you're into Sophie, that's... cool. I'm going to bed."

And then I pushed past him and walked into my temporary room. And he stayed there, out in the hallway. It was a few minutes later when I heard his footsteps padding back down the hall to his room and back to Sophie.

 It was a few minutes later when I heard his footsteps padding back down the hall to his room and back to Sophie

I woke up to the light sound of knocking against my door a few hours later. I looked over at my phone and saw it was almost 9:30. I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes and headed to open the door.

I wasn't even thinking about who it could be so when I saw Noah standing there, with a frown on his face, I was surprised to say the least.

"You didn't come down for dinner and Ace didn't talk the whole time," he told me sadly.