chapter 70: a tree grows in brooklyn

" It takes strength to be gentle and kind

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

" It takes strength to be gentle and kind."

- Steven Morrissey

***

 Liebgott walked over to the girl, pointing up to the speakers in the room at the jazzy, swing tune that was blasting from the speakers.

" Hey, sunshine. Care for a dance?" Liebgott asked, holding out a hand to the girl. The entire company knew how much the girl loved to dance. And anytime she could to dance with her boys and be happy, she was willing to take it by this point. She glanced at Chuck who nodded. She grasped Liebgott's hand and let him guide her to the dance floor. There were already a bunch of other soldiers and woman out, but it was clear that Liebgott and Charlotte were the one's everyones eyes were focused on. They began dancing, hips swaying, feet clapping over the entire dance floor in unison as they moved together like they had been doing it for years. Other members of Easy noticed the braided hair medic on the dance floor and immediately rushed to the side, hopping to steal a few dance moments with her. Liebgott twirled the girl into his arms, before she rolled out and hopped into the air at the same time, with a huge finish. The cheers erupted for them around the hall for their 'rather outstanding performance' as many of the men would later say. She danced with Malarkey next, then Luz, Gene, Skinny, Shifty, Chuck, Christenson, Johnny and Bull. She even pulled Babe out to the floor once and then Webster shortly after. Sure, Webster was not that much of a dancer and kept stepping on her feet, but she was glad as the two laughed along with the mess they were creating as Webster twirled the girl and she nearly fell over. Webster pulled the girl up as a slow song started playing. She only gave a lopsided grin to the man, before looping her arms around his neck, only after placing his hands on her hips. 
" For such an intelligent man, when it comes to dancing, that seems to be your downfall." she said softly with a smile. The Toccoa man only shook his head as he allowed Charlotte to take the lead.

" Webster, mind if I cut in?" a voice asked, and the two turned to see that it was Speirs.

" Of course, sir." Webster said, pulling himself from the girl. Charlotte was surprised to see the man standing there. She looked up at Speirs through the dim light, reminding her all the way back to her Toccoa days when she first met Speirs at the outpost Sobel had ordered her to watch. Charlotte noticed Speirs didn't move, so she reached forward, and wrapped an arm around his waist, as she placed his hand to do the same to her, before she grasped his other hand, and clasped it in hers. Speirs looked down at the girl with his soft brown eyes, a gentle smile coming over his features as he watched, eyes transfixed on the beautiful woman in front of him.

" You seem nervous, sir, it's just me." she said softly. Speirs faltered slightly from the comment. Truth was he was nervous. He'd become more intrigued everyday by the young medic, and the way she carried herself, and it made him falter sometimes. But Speirs didn't let that bother him. He took lead of the dance, and Charlotte smiled, biting her lip, as Speirs led the dance, the two swaying back and forth eyes never leading each other's. The two grew closer, and now Charlotte's eyes remained on the medals on Speirs' uniform. She realized he smelled good, and his hand was soft, and he was so gentle. She eventually laid her head against his chest and let her eyes close slightly as she did so. Speirs looked down at the girl, finally peaceful, and not thinking about the war, but making sure she was safe. Charlotte felt Speirs' gently rub his thumb back and forth along her knuckles as he held her hand gently in his, and she smiled softly. She gently opened her eyes. She wanted this after the war. She wanted to be able to dance with someone and think about nothing but the moment she was in. Nothing but happiness free from the war they were trapped in. She pulled back and looked up at Speirs who she found was already looking at her.

Band of Brothers - Sunshine Soliderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें