Chapter 14

It had been a couple of days now as I packed my bag. Today, before we left to travel homeworld, me and Spinel were going hiking. I had all of the essentials. Trail mix, Sandwiches - there where 2 lettuce and tomato sandwiches and 2 jam sandwiches. And of course, there was some chocolate.

I walked little homeworld, my back pack on my arm. I waved at the heaven and Earth Gems, who were strolling together. I stood on the warp and waited.

The sky was a deep, rolling teal. The clouds marbled the atmosphere idyllically. The sun lounged in the sky, large, hot and yellow like a small cat curled up in space. My thoughts were interrupted by a blinding light, a sparkling and twinkling light.
"Heya Y/N" Steven stepped out with Spinel, who immediately jumped at me, kissing my cheek.
"Y/N! Guess what?" She beamed at me
"What?" I answered, standing while Spinel hugged my shoulders.
"I found a name I like. For our child!" I blushed and fell back, caught off guard.
"A name? Already?"
"She's not stopped talking about it all the way here" Steven added.
"What is it then"

"You ready?"

"Ready."
"What about... Racoon"
"Racoon?"
"Yeah"

Steven watched, his faces apprehensive. I thought for a minute. It was certainly unique.
"Well, it's interesting, but I like it!" I kissed Spinel on the cheek, her face flushing.

We started walking, seeing the deep green forest before us, the brown complimenting the sky and the bark of the oak trees. Spinel explaining to me about how she was going to suggest Badger but decide Racoon was better. I, however, suggested more acceptable names, like Bijou and Tiffany and Gemma for girls names and Louis for boys names.

"What about Rose?" Steven suggested.
We both turned to Steven, Spinel hissing, but stopping and replying
"No. There are cooler flowers. Like corn."

We reached the view point in the forest in late morning, around 10:30. Steven lay out a picnic blanket and sat down, humming a tune. I lay my bag down and looked around. The trees were a soft, beautiful green with light brown wood. Spinel was hanging upside down in a tree, humming louder than Steven. It was circus music.
"Y/N, Spinel, come Y'all food" Steven called, taking his lunch out of a plastic baggy.
Spinel stretch over, looking in. Excitedly, she saw the chocolate bar and grabbed it. Biting into it, wrapper and all, she giggled rather manically. I chuckled as Steven watched in terror.

Steven told us a story about how Garnet had managed to set up a date between him and Connie without Pearl realising.

"And when she did realise, she went berserk!" Steven sighed. "We should probably get back now. The diamonds are probably me waiting"
"Awww but can't we stay for just a bit longer?" Spinel moaned "I found another name I like"
"Go on then"
"Well, it's a work in process but, what about Ruri?" She said excitedly "It's unisex, like Racoon, and it's really cute!"
"Yeah, I like it" I replied.

We left the forest and walked to Steven's house. The sun was in the sky, lazy and yellow like a tired eye. Pearl had packed up a bag for both us, name tags and all. Spinel picked them up her chest puffing out to comically big side.
"Don't worry Y/N, I've got this" she said, walking over the warp. I followed, smiling.
"Have fun you two" Pearl called out, as we warped off.

A/N: sorry if this chapter seemed a bit weird, I've got school and other books I'm working on. Sorry
Also you do like my gem relates names?