Chapter 3

Steven and I sat looking at the gems on the table. They all shone with the brilliance of a thousand stars.
"Steven, I came a soon as possible!" Greg, Steven's dad ran in.
"I don't know, Dad. They got proofed I can't use my powers!"
I looked down at the gems, deep in thought.
"You're not hurt, are you Y/N" Steven looked at me while he asked. I could see the despair in his eyes.
"No, no, I'm fine" I reassured him, his eyes settling a bit.

Just then, Pearl's gem started to glow. Staring in awe at the twinkling mineral, I gasped. An oyster formed around the gem.
"Please state your name"
Greg, in a panic, replied hastily "Um, Greg Universe?"
"Please select a mode"
"Steven, what's going on?"
"Normal mode initiated. Welcome to your new Pearl"

Pearl started reforming, although not like before. Her cyan jacket and leggings combo had been replace with a dress. She started singing:
"How do you do, my um Greg Universe, thank you for into the world, I am at your eternal service, welcome to your new Pearl"
Just then, Ruby reformed, again, not like before. Pearl explained again, as Sapphire reformed. And yet again, Pearl eleborated. I stared at the other two gems on the table, as Amethyst reformed.

But I didn't care. I was mesmerized by that pink gem. I stared at it, it's beautiful fuchsia colour and heart shaped cut. I was hypnotized by it. That's when it started glowing. I watched it float into the air as the gem reformed.

But she was different. She looked more cartoon-ish, her hair in two heart shaped buns. She smiled at me and giggled.

"Hello new best friend!"
"W-what?" I turned to Pearl.
"Oh, aren't you lucky?" She replied stepping over to me "Her cut is perfect, and she's pink as well. Your new best friend Spinel"

"Spinel?" I looked at her. Steven looked worried, Greg looked baffled, Amethyst vague, Ruby startled and Sapphire, well, you couldn't tell.

"Yeah, Spinel! Your. New. Best. Friend." She jumped on me and hugged me

"And maybe even more than just friends?" She whispered

A/N: ok, I did not anticipate getting this many reads. Thank you so much!!! But please be patient for the next part, I do need to take a break once in a while with school.