Chapter 13

"Do you want to come and live in the palace with us?"

I had this feeling, I don't know why but it was jealousy. It was like stone, but not cold, like a headstone on a hot day. It was hard and stoney and hate filled.

Spinel pondered and replied with a "It would an honour my diamond"

Now it was fiery, more hate-filled than before. It was like sweet chilli sauce and I hated it.
"What?" Screaming up at the diamonds, my tears filled eyes. "Spinel?!"
She turned to me, realising what had happen.
"Y/N, you can live with us! We can live together!"
"NO!"
I couldn't take it, turning away from the party of gems and running.

I reached the hill, the one with the flowers. I sat down and watch beach city, tear cascading from my eyes. I started to tare up the grass, throwing it down the hillside. The sun cast its light on everything. It wasn't a sunset but it was dusk, the city a silhouette of the blue sky. It fade to a lemon green as the stars showed there faces, twinkling softly.

"Y/N?" A familiar voice spoke behind me, a warm hand touching my shoulder firmly but  safely.
"I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't realise that you couldn't live on homeworld. I forgot there wasn't food on homeworld," this acted as a sudden reminder that you hadn't eaten in a while.
"There's also no, urmm, facilities" this was followed by a small giggle. "But I asked the diamonds, and they said you we could visit! We can go to homeworld whenever we want, we could tour the solar system. Don't you want a life me?"

I turned to face Spinel, her eyes filled with tears too. I smiled and muttered while I stood up.
"That would be nice..."
"Y/N, I know new haven't known each that long but," she reached into her gem, pulling something out. "But I want to spend my life with you." She gave me a ring pop.
"Are you proposing?" I stammered out, mid giggle.
"What's that? I just you'd like a ring pop. Garnet gave it too me. She also said stay hydrated?"
I started laughing as I hugged her, kissing her cheek. Spinel blushed, smiling.

"I love you, Spinel."
"I love you too, Y/N"