14 A Cure

The doctors were all spent, they had only let the joy of finding the cause of the disease run through them for a few minutes before they immersed themselves in making a cure. At the rate the children's organs were degenerating, it would take about a week or less for them to die. And it is their jobs as doctors to prevent that. There was no time to waste.

Sakura was on a chair sleeping as comfortable as a chair could get, and so were the others. After working nonstop for two days going on nothing but Coffee and sheer determination. They just needed to rest even if it was just a few minutes.

So far all they'd been able to make was a purplish looking liquid in a test tube that was only able to suppress the toxin but unable to eradicate it.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

Yumei held her brother's hand as they came down from the plane. Finally they were back in konoha.

The family entered their car and drove towards home.

Yumei was disappointed that Sasuke was not home but she knew his job was demanding.

Fugaku changed his clothes to a a suit, he was heading to the hospital. The new of the toxin spreading in children had gotten to him too. The first thing he did was ban his family from eating any kind of rice till further notice. He could not risk his children getting infected.

Now he had to go to the hospital, as the director there are some things that he needs to finalize. Despite the gravity of the situation he couldn't help but see the bright side. If Konoha General Hospital produced the cure, their popularity will increase tenfold and so will profit. He needed to see those Pediatricians.

As he entered his car and drove to the hospital a thought crossed his mind. *Sasuke * he realized they haven't seen each other for three months now and he was going to get another mouth full from Shizuka again. His day just became five times less interesting and five times more troublesome.

He parked his car in his special parking space at the hospital and got down. As he walked through the halls he received many greetings from the staffs. He headed straight to his office where he had mountain of paper work to attend to. He knew he should never had gone on that vacation but kuhiro was begging him with puppy dog eyes now he has to suffer through paper work.

Four hours later Fugaku had finished his paper work. He started going to wing 4 to see how everything was going and also to check on Sasuke. What he wasn't looking up for was Shizuka. But fate wasn't on his side as Shizuka seemed to materialize in front of him.

"Shizuka please, I've had enough punishment with the mountains of paperwork in my office, I had to work on them for four straight hours." Fugaku pleaded

"Hmpf serves you right." Shizuka said and walked past him.

Fugaku hurried to wing 4's Pediatricians office. He needed to see how far they've gotten with the cure. On getting to the door, he opened it confidently only to be shocked by the sight within.

Sakura and Miku were fiddling with some test tunes, kimi was mixing some chemicals and Sasuke was checking some stuff under the microscope. They'd quickly gone back to work after taking a short nap. Hairs were ruffled, with bags under their eyes, clothes looking squeezed and an I'm about to faint look on their faces. They were carrying carrying on with their activities when the door creaked open, and everyone simultaneously turned their heads to the direction of the noise.

Fugaku was startled at how beat up they all looked so he just started. And they stared back at him. Then he spoke

"You all look like shit."

"oh its you, welcome back director. " Kimi said weakly.

" how was your trip? "Sasuke asked

Sakura and Miku just stared at the whole scene.

"Okay that's enough all of you go home and get some rest, wing 5 will take over for now. I don't need you guys getting sick either." Fugaku said.

"But we have to work." Kimi argued.

"No you're too stressed out to figure anything out now. Besides you're not really doing anything now. Miku you're just playing with test tubes, Sakura your turning the same liquid from one jar to the other, Kimi you're just staring at that beaker, Sasuke you've been looking at the same sample over and over again.

You guys won't be able to achieve anything unless you're at top shape, so go home now eat and sleep well then report back to the hospital tomorrow afternoon. You're all dismissed. "
Fugaku said and walked out.

" oh well at least we get to go home. " Kimi said stretching. Bye guys, see you tomorrow afternoon. Come on Miku let's go."

Bye Sakura waved at them.

"so Sasuke-kun aren't you going home? Sakura asked.

"I am, I'm going with you" Sasuke said.

"what do you mean?"

"I'm going home with you "

" why? "

" you have an apartment of your own and I wanna keep you company "

" what if I have a roommate "

" you don't "

" how do you know?? "

" I just do"

"No you can't come home with me."

"why"

"umm umm "

" see you don't even have a reason and *sniff* you just don't like me right *sniff* fine I'll go home, alone and sad since you rejected me *sniff *.

"Okay okay fine you can come".

"you're such a darling 😎😎".