10 Infection

It had been two months since the whole Sasuke crisis incident, just to be on the safe side shizuka got all of sasuke's drugs replaced by new ones. She gave Fugaku the scolding of a lifetime and gave Sasuke a week off to recover fully.

It was a new week and work commenced as usual at Uchiha general hospital, the pediatric ward was busier than ever and the doctors didn't have time to slack off.

There were so many cases of illnesses in children between the ages of 3-12 all the symptoms were the same and there was still no noticeable cause.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

"you know, this might be a new disease caused by the environment." Sakura reasoned

"Then why is it affecting kids only?" miku asked

"If it goes on like this the children will eventually die." kimi added.

"hasn't Sasuke-kun been able to find anything?" Sakura asked

"no, he's been in the lab running tests all day. And I'm pretty sure he hasn't gotten anything." kimi answered and sighed.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

Several kids were hospitalized, all of them with the same illness. They all looked pale and their eyes darkened, whatever it was, was killing the children slowly and no treatment had worked so far.

Sasuke sat beside one of the kids. Hiroshi Enju the girl who had declared him as her one true love and made a picture of him. He remembered how they first met.

Flashback

"mommy why did you bring me to a hospital, I hate doctors." Enju screamed.

"come on Enju if you don't see a doctor, you won't get better." her mother pleaded.

"but doctors give people shots and shots are painful." Enju complained.

"only if you think that they're painful."

Enju turned her head to the where the voice came from and spotted the doctor they were waiting for. " no you're only saying that to make me take it." Enju pouted.

Sasuke turned and nodded to Enju's mother to leave the room. When she left Sasuke sat beside Enju.

"you know shots really are painful, when I was a kid like you I used to get sick a lot and you know what that means right."

"plenty of shots." Enju nodded

"yes plenty of shots and I was really scared of shots."

"really, even you?" Enju asked shocked

"yes even me, but you know what made me stop being scared of shots?"

"what?"

"All my friends laughed at me for being scared of a simple shot. "

At that Enju burst out in an uncontrollable laughter.

" I see now, if I defeat my biggest enemy Mr shot, I'll rub it in the faces of the other scaredy cats. I'm ready for this, gimme the shot." Enju said with determination

Outside the room Enju's mother who had been listening to their entire conversation couldn't believe her ears when she heard Enju demand for a shot.

"so since you took your shot so gladly, I'll get you something, do you like drawing?" Sasuke asked

"yes, yes I love drawing, can you get me some paper and crayons?" Enju asked pleadingly with those puppy dog eyes.

And that was how the chibi drawing of Sasuke by Hiroshi Enju came about.

End of Flashback

Sasuke stared at Enju's weak sleeping from on the hospital bed.

"I will find you a cure, I promise."

The picture of what Enju looks like is above.
I'm so sorry for the late update, I didn't have an Internet connection and I couldn't update. I hope you like the chapter. Remember to vote and comment.

Love you guys