Never Ask Me Dumb Questions

I would just like to say that I have lived in Australia for a very long time now and not once have I ever been taken to hospital or had someone I know (and I know a lot of people) taken to hospital or die from a bite, or an animal attack, or some of those crazy things your foreign people come up with!

America is more dangerous than Australia people! Yes, we have a lot of dangerous animals, yes, I regularly see spiders and snakes around my house (such as red bellied blacks or brown snakes). But guess what? If you see something dangerous you do the sensible thing and stay away from it! I've been swimming with jellyfish around before (blue bottle), and I've been fishing before and nearly stood on a stonefish, and you know what? I've also nearly stood on a red bellied black snake before (on several occasions actually).

You know what? It doesnt matter if there is dangerous stuff in Australia, there is dangerous stuff all over the world! Just remember that Australia has one of the lowest death and fatality counts on the globe, and 90% of those are from something to do with people or idiocy.  

Let's put this in perspective, I have done Hiking and Camping before in the bush, going off the track and the only time we had a medical problem wasn't even because of an animal - it was something else completely different. So, please, NEVER ask me if I have had any near death experiences before because I live in Australia. I know the majority of you aren't idiots.