His heart in tiny hands

Keira had to mentally prepared herself to face all the guest that had arrived a day early for her inauguration, sitting next to xavier at the longest dinner table she had ever seen, she silently picked at her food, "Keira what's bothering you" Xavier whispered into her ear, "Just a little bit nervous about tomorrow" she lied, he put his knife and fork down and placed his hand on hers, startled she quickly pulled her hand back, accidentally dropping her fork, frowning at her reaction he gave Keira a questioning look but she excused herself leaving the table.

While rushing out the doors she collided with one of the visiting Alphas, "whoa, sorry" a masculine voice said, as he caught her from falling, looking up she smiled and quickly hugged him "Reece Cunningham" she almost shouted "it's good to see you again". Reece said, surprised to see the beauty he had met at the disastrous fundraiser ball, he started to laugh, "so he actually found you" he asked while he still held her in his arms, "He sure did"! an angry voice said from behind, both turning at the same time, they came face to face with a pissed off Xavier. Grabbing Keira by the arm, he yanked her to him. "I'll appreciate it if you kept your paws of whats mine" he snarled, Reece who always had bad timing when it came to Keira and his king, bowed his head and walked into the dinning room.

"You didn't have to be so rude" she growled.

Ignoring her, Xavier dragged Keira away from the dining room door, "well if you'd stop touching that pup, I'd play nice" he replied.

"Oh shut up Xavier" she said while trying to shake him off, "let go, I'd like to leave", refusing he pulled her into his chest, "Keira what's going on"? he asked while laying his chin on her head, "I could ask you the same" she returned.

"Keira nothings wrong with me, it's you that Im worried about"

"Worried? You'd sacrifice me at the first opportunity" she slipped out

Xavier froze, she couldn't know, he thought, she's probably just babbling nonsense to rile me up, relaxing again he said "You barely touched your food, so what's bothering you"? Seizing the moment she thought she'd test the waters, "Why did you take the ring from me? Is it because you think me unworthy to wear what was your mothers" surprised by her question he grabbed her face in his hands forcing her to look at him,

"Keira, when you were in hospital I took it to clean, it is yours to have"

"How is it mine, when its your mothers"?

"Keira the ring was passed down from Luna to Luna, and how ironic that you had stolen it from me" he chuckled "If I were superstitious, I'd believe the ring actually called you" he ended in a whisper. Smoothing his hand over her cheek, he slowly started to trace his fingers down her neck, then he replaced his hand with tender sensual kisses sending ripple effects through her entire body, rendering her weak to his advances.
"You were meant to be my Luna" he whispered into he ear, before slamming his lips on to hers, without stopping his onslaught and giving her no time to retaliate, Xavier picked her up and pressed her against the wall, Keira wrapped her legs around his waist pulling him in closer. Fuelled by pent up emotions, inflamed in sexual desires, Keira returned his fiery touches with her own need to feel and taste him, tangling her fingers in his hair she responded wildly in pursuit of fulfilment.

"ahem..." someone interrupted bringing Keira to an immediate stop, quickly untangling herself from him she straightened her dress.
"What is it"! Xavier growled, not taking his eyes off Keira.

"S-sorry y-your majesty, but its t-time" Theo said, frightened of the kings temper.
Xavier turned and saw seven of the visiting Alphas including Rick standing behind Theo, waiting patiently for him to finish, annoyed he said "So what's everybody waiting for"?

Theo nervously cleared his throat, "Ah..um..for you to move away from the Library door"? He said in a questioning tone.
Xavier quickly mumbled an apology and moved away from the door, Keira stepped behind Xavier hiding herself from sheer embarrassment.

Theo opened the library doors then turned to face the other Alphas, "Shall we gentlemen" , Theo stepped to the side allowing the alphas into the room first.
In single file they each gave a bow with a smirk before entering, Rick was the last to walk in, while bowing he saw Keira pop her head out from behind Xavier, grinning he gave her a quick wink and then walked into the library while ignoring Xavier's jealous growls.
Mortified by being caught in such an embarrassing position, Keira punched Xavier in the back, Theo who was still standing there, wore a look of shock.
"What the hell"? Xavier said turning around to face her, "what was that for"?
Keira was bright red, not just from embarrassment but from being pissed at him, "you know what for you idiot"! she practically screamed then about faced and marched off.
Xavier watched as she walked away trying to hold back his laughter, "She's a feisty one" he said to Theo who was still standing there, wide eyed unbelieving what he just saw, Xavier had actually allowed her to hit him! "Snap out if it Theo, shes the queen" he chuckled then straightening his tie and shirt, Xavier walked into the library, leaving Theo to follow.
~~~~~~~~~~

Frustrated at Xavier, Keira found herself in the gardens, taking a stroll might to help her simmer down. The moon was beautiful, it's soft glow shone through the thick of the trees, complimenting the small garden lights that lit up the pathway as she walked towards a beautifully carved exedra made out of stone. Sitting down she sat in silence listening to the sound of night, how could this be so peaceful when all she felt was turmoil, she thought.
He wasn't to be trusted, she told herself, how can such a beautiful face mask such evil, how can he even say and declare such strong emotions knowing he was going to sacrifice her for power. Hurt she allowed herself to cry silent tears, "Keira" a whisper came through, "Keira can you hear me"? It was Geoffrey coming through mind link.
"I can hear you"
"I've spoken with Amadeus"
"So spill, is he ok, and the sceptre, did he have any information"? She quickly asked anxious to hear what Geoffrey had to say.
"My queen, Amadeus wasn't forth coming with a lot but he did say, the clients are collectors and nothing has changed, the plan remains the same"
"Geoffrey I need to get out of here ASAP, there's more to it than we know.....I'm not safe here" she said with a raw hurt in her voice.
"Amadeus has an escape plan my queen, he already has one of his people working there and you need to make contact. He has on him the spray to cover your scent and can smuggle you out once you have the s sceptre".
"Who is he"? Keira asked
"He works in the kitchen, his name is Leeson, were already close by but everything else depends on you"
"I'll be ready by tomorrow night, straight after the inauguration" she said now determined to leave, "Xavier would be busy with the guest alphas, easy pickings Geoff, I'll have the sceptre".
"Amadeus will be with us, don't worry we'll be ready and waiting"
"Geoff"
"Yes my queen"
"Thank you"
"I'll see you tomorrow" He said
"See you tomorrow" she repeated
Keira stood up to walk off but was stopped by the sight of Xavier walking towards her, he was magnificent she thought, he walked with such confidence and his good looks was definitely her weakness, just as that thought was said in her mind he smiled, yep she thought, he definitely makes me weak.
"You weren't in our room" he said

"You aren't at your meeting"? She replied

"I wanted to make sure you were alright"

"I wanted to be alone" she said

"So your not alright"?

"Im fine when I'm left alone"

"Liar"

"Away from you"

"Liar"

"Don't you have a meeting to go back to"?

"Keira"?

"Xavier"?

"Stop it"

"Well leave me alone then"

"Keira"!

"Xavier"!

"Keira"!
This guy! she thought, is impossible! Glaring at him she rolled her eyes, "Xavier I'm fine, just nervous about tomorrow"
"Well don't be, it'll be quick, trust me"
Those two words rang in her mind, "how"? She asked
Xavier stepping in closer to her, grabbed hold of both her hands and placed them to his lips, "you my love, hold my heart in these tiny hands" turning her hands over he placed a kiss on each palm. Keira looked into his eyes, how can he be so sincere she thought, not wanting to ruin the last memories she would have of him, Keira allowed him to pick her up and carry her back to the room, where they made passionate love through out the rest of the night.