May you choose well

Rick and Lisa almost somersaulted backwards as they watched Xavier walk pass with Keira in his arms, heading to his room, Xavier was wearing a look of love and Keira was glowing, both not taking notice of anything or anyone around them.

Gently laying her on his bed he placed a kiss on her forehead,

"I've ordered for your clothes to be brought to our room" he said loving the feeling of completeness she brought into his life.

"Our room"? She asked

"Yes Keira, I couldn't sleep away from you even If I tried"

"Xavier I'm not sure about this, I still would like my own space"

Taken aback he just stared at Keira waiting for her to explain but she remained silent,

"Keira what do you mean, not sure"?

"I need time to adjust, I'm still unsure about us"

He felt like his heart just got crushed, unable to utter a word, Xavier walked out of the room slamming the door with such force, that it shook the walls.

~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into the royal library Xavier opened up the alcohol cabinet and pulled out a glass with a bottle of port. "Would you like a drink" he offered Theo who was busy sifting through papers and books.

"No thanks" Theo replied finding it odd that Xavier would drink this early in the day.

"Any new information"? Xavier asked now relaxing in a seat with his glass of port.

"Your majesty I spoke with one the elders and I don't think you'd like what I have to say"

"Just spill it Theo"

"If the ring has been awaken, then the sacrifice is to take place during the next blood moon, which is in a few weeks time"

Xavier spun around to Theo in shock, "DAMN THIS PROPHECY TO HELL"! He shouted before calming down gain.

"Why a sacrifice? Is it a curse, that we could break"?

"No your majesty, the sacrifice is to appease the keepers of the shadow world and to prove the weight of love in the light"

"What's that suppose to mean"? Xavier asked

"The gate keepers are the ancients ones, they have guarded the gates of hell since the beginning of creation, in return of their protection they require a sacrifice, of the blood rings choice. Proving the weight of love, may mean the chosen one will be someone close to your heart".

Xavier released a groan of despair, fate had just given him his heart only for it to be cruelly ripped away.

"I can't do it Theo, I won't sacrifice her" Xavier said in such a heart wrenching tone.

Theo looked at him in shock, "So the blood ring has been awaken"?

Xavier just nodded in agreement because he was too hurt to speak,

"And you know who SHE is"? Theo questioned

Barely a whisper Xavier answered "Yes"

"If you refuse the sacrifice, your wolf will die along with this realm" Theo reminded him.

"I know Theo! I understand the repercussions! But I refuse to sacrifice my mate"!

Theo sucked in his breath shocked that it was Keira, now rendered speechless, he too grabbed a glass from the cabinet and then poured himself a stiff drink, gulping it down in one swig.