Perils Unfold

Amadeus had been in hiding since the chaos at his club, organized crime wasn't the life dream he wanted but it was his only means of living that he was good at. He was still shaken by Keira's sacrifice, she was a good and trustworthy friend but never did he think she would put herself at risk for the likes of him. He had people keep an eye on her while in hospital, relieved she had recovered but he was still worried about her safety now that she was under her mates care who had the most fearsome temper.
The shock of fate partnering together this most unlikely pair almost had him laughing, no wonder the king had gone ballistic at him, mates were very jealous of their partners and him being the king would have been worse. No matter the reason it still didn't calm his worries for Keira, first things first he thought, save Keira and retrieve the sceptre, his clients were starting to become impatient and were demanding that it be retrieved asap.

"Boss there's been reports of someone asking around for you" his head security Jim had said, "what do want done about him"?
"Do we know who he is"? Amadeus asked
"I think he's one of Keira's men"
"Find him and bring him to me"! Amadeus almost shouted suddenly coming to his feet.
"Yes boss" Jim said while walking,
"and make sure he's blindfolded before bringing him here" he threw out his last order.

Geoffrey had spent a few days searching for Amadeus but the closer he got following his leads, the further away he seemed to be. Geoffrey sat at a bar waiting to meet a man that claimed to have information on Amadeus, scanning the place he started to get agitated wondering if he would even turn up. Just as he was starting to doubt he sensed a werewolf walk in, turning he spotted the head security from the Demon Cave. Geoffrey watched as he headed straight for him, "you the one looking for Amadeus"? He asked with a mean face
"Yes" Geoffrey replied
"Thought so, I recognised you from the club when you came in with Keira" the security said looking about suspiciously, "I've been sent to fetch you, Amadeus wants to see you, so finish your drink and we'll leave"

"I'm done" Geoffrey said while he swigged his drink down and then stood to follow the security out.

Half an hour later they had arrived to Amadeus hideout, "He's here boss" the security whose name was Jim said. Amadeus watched as he lead in a blindfolded man by the arm, stopping in front of him Jim quickly untied Geoffrey's blindfolds then stepped back.

"Sorry to have done that but you understand it's for safety precautions" Amadeus said stepping forward to shake Geoffrey's hand.

"Geoffrey's the name, I'm Keira's beta"

Amadeus arched his eye brow in surprise "Explains why your wolfs aura is strong, a royal guard" walking back to his desk he sat down "take a seat Geoffrey, how is Keira"? He said while watching Geoffrey relax onto the chair.

"She's well enough, but sends you a message, she says that she'll retrieve the sceptre for you, only if you explain why you want it"?

Amadeus leaned back on his seat, he pondered on what Geoffrey had asked, both sitting quietly Geoffrey patiently waited for an answer.

"I'm not at liberty to say Geoffrey"

Not giving him a chance to so say no he gave the rest of her message, "She said you owe her your life and to remember ...... honour amongst thieves" Geoffrey not sure if what he had just said would offend him.

Amadeus looked at him, Keira was right he thought, he did owe her his life but she was the curious type and wouldn't stop till she got the the information she wanted. Telling her would put her into more danger and that was the last thing he wanted, his clients were ruthless killers, known as the Brothers of the blood. There members consisted off super naturals and humans who were influential with position, power and money, they were initiated by blood and leaving wasn't an option except by blood. The Brother hood of the blood was an ancient organisation which there beliefs and traditions had originated from the Babylonian years, demonic and evil.