To be dared

The night had been a failure like every other night Xavier had been travelling around the world attending so many parties just to try and find his mate.

"Im the alpha king who is 25 and still mateless" Xavier said sounding defeated

Drake his beta just chuckled allowing him to let out his frustrations,

"finding women to give it up is easy" Xavier carried on "they practically throw themselves at me" now sitting down he placed his head in his hands "Im so tired of conniving and manipulating women, always desperate to gain my attention".

"We'll let's hope tonight is different, shall we go your majesty it's almost 8pm" Drake prodded knowing that Xavier had lost all hope of finding his intended.

Twenty minutes later the car slowly pulled into the drive way of another mansion holding another glamorous ball.

"Alpha we have arrived, are you ready to step out"? Drake announced

"Yeah I'm ready, let's get this over and done with" hopping out of the stretched limo they both walked in to the mansion and were welcomed by Alpha Douglas from the shadow moon pack and his Luna

"Its a pleasure and an honour to have you attend our fund raiser ball your Majesty" Alpha Douglas was known for his generosity towards humans, his cause went towards the homeless and under privilege.

After being announced Xavier made his entrance inside quickly welcomed by Shadow moon pac.

While he was being introduced to new faces Vincent his wolf started to get edgy, sniffing the air he picked a very weak scent that was intoxicating.

Xavier quickly excused himself then walked off trying to locate what he hoped would be his mate.

As he followed his wolfs prompting someone spilled their drink on him, rolling his eyes he turned on the young lady and snapped,

"Are you blind or just stupid"! Xavier was over these little scenarios that women will pull to gain his attention.

She quickly apologised and sprinted out after giving him a curtsy, "weird" xavier thought they usually take advantage of the situation.

"never mind her" Vincent said "I've lost our mates scent"

Xavier quickly circled around trying to pick up the delicious smell of his mate,

"Dammit"! Xavier cursed under his breath "I can't believe it just disappeared"

He quickly linked his beta "Drake Stop anyone who walks out I don't want to risk loosing my mate."

That night Xavier and his royal guards searched every corner of the mansion but to no avail they still couldn't locate her. Frustrated and disappointed he linked his beta, "Drake we're leaving lets call it a night".

It was a quiet ride back to his penthouse but on his arrival Vincent his wolf started going crazy again! "Mate mate mate"! he yelled excitedly "She's here"! Xavier could smell her scent so clear now.. roses....sweet smelling roses! "She's here"? "Impossible"?

"Guards" he yelled out "seal the doors and don't let anyone leave"!

Xavier and Drake rushed around the apartment looking for her, they searched every room and cupboard and still no one.

"How is it even possible my mate was here"? he asked Drake who was busy staring at his safe.

"Alpha the safe is open"? Drake said.

"Check and determine what's missing" Xavier ordered

After doing a thorough check he looked at xavier "your mothers ring" your majesty The ring was a family heirloom that was passed down from Luna to Luna and was now stolen.

"There's a note that addressed to you Sir" he said handing it over to Xavier

He quickly unfolded the letter, clearing his thoughts and read....

"The answer to your question you asked of me tonight is NO! I am neither blind nor stupid but thank you for this treasure I've taken its such a pretty ring! This should make up for for your appalling manners. If you wish for it to be returned then I take pleasure in disappointing you, I will not give it back unless you find me but I believe you to be too stupid and blind....so I dare you Alpha King to come and get it!

Regards

Your Thief

Unbelievable he thought, that delicious smelling scent was his mate, and she had just broken into his place, cracked the code to his safe and had stolen a valuable family heirloom.

"My mate is a bloody thief " Xavier shouted "All these years of searching and she's a thief"?" Xavier ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"She had the nerve to take what was so precious to me." Xavier now pacing back and forth in anger.

"My mothers last dying wish, was for her ring to be worn by the women that will posses my heart. Shit"!!

His beta not saying a word waited for his kings command.

"She"! Pointing to the note

"My mate, was right under my nose, and I didn't even recognise her"! Collapsing on to the chair he sat in silence trying to let everything sink in.

"How ironic"! he chuckled now finding it hilarious

"She's stolen what is rightfully hers" he laughed again

"and she dares to insult me AND challenge me at the same time!

He looked down at the note he was still holding

"Well my little thief I promise you when I do find you.....you will be begging me to end what you've started"

"Time to go hunting Drake" he said with a smile

OH HELL, Drake thought to himself. This is gonna get crazy!