The Black Widow Returns Pt 1

I wake up in Steve's arms suddenly, remembering what this day entailed. I accidentally startle him causing him to look up at me.

"Are you ok?" He asks in his deep morning voice

"Yeah sorry. Just remembered we have to get going on our mission." I reply

"Ok well let's get prepared" Steve says back, getting out of bed and heading over to where his suit was hung up.

"I'm going to go get my suit and supplies, i'll be back" I say while giving him a quick peck on the cheek

"Ok i'll see you in a few" He replies as I head out the door to get to my room.

Once i'm in my room I head to my closet to pull out my catsuit. I take it from its hangar and walk into my bathroom to start the shower. I strip out of my pyjamas and look at myself in the mirror. I can see every scar, blemish and trace the Red Room has left on me. The memories cover my skin, each one with different meaning. I come to the one on my left shoulder, giving me a painful flashback;

"Next up we have; Natalia and Samara" Ivan boomed from the front of the boxing mat

I keep my composure but on the inside i'm screaming. Samara was the toughest and most experienced girl in this place. And I had to go against her in the ring.

Kill or be killed.

All my other opponents I have fought I had easily won against. Not without the guilt of the loss of their life on my hands though. But emotions and feelings were a weakness, so I couldn't show that I cared.

Or it would result in punishment.

I hold my head up high and enter the ring confidently, my steps and movements not faltering once. I was the tiniest one out of all the other girls, but I have never failed and I don't plan on failing against my hardest target yet; Samara.

She stands across from me, cracking her knuckles and sizing me up. I heard her laugh when Ivan announced our names together, she laughed along with her other friends who i'm pretty sure are all just scared of her. She was big and strong, but it's extremely easy to use your opponents strengths against them, which is one of my many highly trained skills.

Us two were the best in the program and with her constant snarky comments towards me and the physical abuse that came from her, I had no problem going into the ring.

I was excited even

Ivan walks into the center on the ring and starts counting aloud,

"3, 2, 1 борьба (fight!)"

She yells and charges straight at me, which will be her first mistake.

You never use all your strength in the beginning of a fight, let them underestimate you so when you fight at your 100% best, they're thrown off track.

When she reaches me I easily dodge her first attack and grab her attacking arm and twist, throwing her to the ground and causing the knife in her hand to fall to the floor. I kick her in the side as she scrambles to get back up quickly. This time I charge at her, while she struggles to gain her strength back I leap up onto her shoulders. Nervousness pulsed through me as I remembered the move I was only recently taught. I quickly twist my thighs around her neck as we both land on the ground with a thud. You could see she was startled by my abilities and the anger on her face only made me smirk. I jump back onto my feet with ease and I see her reach for another blade on her belt.

This one was much larger and more lethal.

I smirk once again at her causing her to rage. She comes at me, slashing the blade and trying to make it come in contact with my skin. I stealthily maneuver myself away from her attacks and slide under her legs. I put her in a choke hold but she quickly elbows me in the stomach, causing me to fall back. I swiftly  recover but only to be knocked to the ground again by her tackle. With her being about twice my size, the impact of her landing on me knocked the breath out of my lungs leaving me winded.