The Bet

Steve's POV:

I woke up in my room in Starks tower. Wait a minute. That's odd. I wasn't in my room I was in Natasha's. I would expect to still be getting treatment it's only been a day since our rescue.

"Hey Soldier." Nat said sitting in the arm chair in the corner of the room.

"Hey." I reply back, clearly confused.

"You slept for a long time, I guess you really needed it." She said as she walked over to me and sat on the side of the bed.

"How long was I out?" I question while sitting up.

"A week."

"A week?!"

"Yeah you passed out from pure exhaustion and slept straight for 170 hours." She explained.

"Well why am I in your bed?" I ask.

"We only moved you here yesterday because whenever someone would leave your room, you somehow in your subconscious would notice and start to get agitated in your sleep." she chuckled.

"That's odd." I say furrowing my eyebrows .

"How's Wanda? And Clint" I ask remembering the sight of the two of them.

"Well Wanda is still very shaken up. She won't be cleared for missions any time soon I don't think. Clint is ok, other then his stab wound in his leg. Bucky, Clint and I were the best case scenarios." She chuckled a little.

"Well aren't you guys also purely exhausted?" I ask gazing at her propping myself up on my elbows.

"I was yeah, but I didn't take nearly as bad of a beating as you did but I slept a solid 2 days. Clint woke up a couple days ago and Bucky slept for 24 hours." She said looking back at me.

I continued to just stare at her. She looked really pretty today.

"Uh hello Steve? Oh god are you having a flashback." She started to panic and came closer to me putting her hand on my face

"No I wasn't." I smile at her thinking it was cute when she got all concerned.

"Then why were you in a daze?" She asks looking into my eyes. Damn her emerald eyes were hypnotizing.

"You are just really pretty I couldn't help but stare." I say smirking at her.

"You obviously seem to feel better." She says shoving my shoulder playfully while rolling her eyes.

"You are though." I wink at her again causing her to blush. I felt so powerful this must be how she feels making me blush all the time.

"Your such a damn flirt Rogers." She smiled pecking my lips.

When she pecked me I grabbed the back of her neck not letting her pull away. I kissed her hard and with need. It took her by surprise but she accepted it. I tried to deepen the kiss by entering my tongue into her mouth but she pulled away.

"Hey we were having funnn." I whine at her pouting.

"What has gotten into you today Steve?" She laughs.

"I don't know, I feel really happy." I say while grinning like a child.

"Well the doctor did say that your exhaustion actually caused your hallucination flashbacks to be way more intense. Which speaks for itself you were having PTSD flashbacks while you were wide awake." She said looking at me sympathetically.

Her continuing to talk about it just made me think of what had happened. PTSD was bang on money. I looked at the ground deep in thought when all of a sudden I felt her lips on mine again. She pulled away and looked at me sadly.