A Switch

Natasha's POV:

Steve sat there again terror on his face. We were all yelling at him and waving our hands in front of his face.

"What the hell will snap him out of this?!" Bucky yells.

"Bruce do you know anything that could help him? Your a doctor please." I beg him.

"I know what will work." He says leaving the room in a hurry.

He comes back with a circuit board and a plug. He plugs the board into the wall and takes the clasped wires and puts them on each of his fingers.

"I'm going to send a small painless electric shock through him, it will most likely snap him out of his flashback." Bruce informs us as he starts up the circuit board.

Steve jolts back to reality looking at us with sadness and confusion in his eyes.

"Steve are you ok?" Tony asks putting a hand on his shoulder.

Steve quickly retracts his shoulder away from Tony in fear and looks at him with concern.

"Steve what did I do, are you ok?" He repeats.

He sits there silently looking at the ground.

"Steve.." I say putting my hand on his cheek. He relaxes into my touch and looks at me kindly, hiding his emotion.

"Yeah i'm ok sorry I feel like I ruined dinner." He laughs a little.

"It's not your fault Cap, these things happen." Sam says sympathetically.

"Yeah ok I think i'm just going to call it a night." Steve said un clipping himself from the circuit board.

"Here let me help you." I say putting one of my arms around his torso.

"Goodnight everyone." I call back at them as Steve and I enter the elevator.

Steve is silent for the elevator ride and when the doors open we walk down the hallway together.

"Do you want to sleep in my room Steve?" I offer.

"No it's ok, I think it will be better for me in a more familiar area if that's ok." He says back looking at the floor.

"Ok well do you want me to stay with you?" I ask as we stop in front of his door.

"I'm probably going to have nightmares Nat.." He trails off but I stop him.

"When you woke me up from one of my episodes a while ago it made me feel better. It might be easier for you if someone's there to wake you up." I reply staring into his broken blue eyes.

"O-ok then" He replies shakily, opening the door to his room.

He flopped onto his bed clearly tired and put his hands over his face. I chuckle lightly at him as he laid there lazily. I walk over and lay next to him sighing.

"Mmmm" Steve hums while rolling over and trapping me in a bear hug.

I laugh at him as he snuggles up to me with his big arms protecting me.

"You seem better then you were a few minutes ago." I say looking at his adorable face smushed against me.

"It weird, whenever I have a flashback it's like a switch has been clicked in my brain causing me to go all scared. But then when i'm with you, you turn the switch back. Making me in a better mood." He smiles keeping his eyes closed.

My eyes go wide in fear but I relax. I just have to think of what Clint told me. I smile and shift so we're both full on facing each other.

I peck his nose and his face scrunches up. I laugh at how cute he is and his eyes flutter open, revealing the beautiful blue underneath his eyelids.