Chapter 28

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to upload. Things got hectic. Lost internet, my 2 yr old was diagnosed with bronchitis, my 9 month old got an ear infection, school started, trying to find a job, trying to keep my grades up... It's been a crazy interesting month. Hope you enjoy this. I know it's not my best, but I uploaded!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

Illiana’s POV

*Diary Entry*

September 27, 2012

It has been a week and a half since the mysterious man had appeared with Brianna, Charles, and their little gang. No one has left the pack house… well, except for the children and elders who were moved to a safer location… and Alpha Robertson’s pack has joined ours, along with a few of his other allies. In a pack house built to fit no more than ninety wolves, we currently have over fifteen hundred. The yard is littered with tents and there are several that sleep in their wolf form curled up in groups to fight of the quickly chilling nights. Cass and I have been staying here as well. Her mother was sent off with the elders and Beta Andrews stays by Alpha Grayson’s side twenty-four, seven. We know that something is coming, but none of us are sure what or how big it will be.

In the past week, Beata has finally shifted. The most amazing part about that is that she can hear and speak now! It surprised us all. Needless to say, Trinton was one super happy future Alpha and Beata, she hasn’t stopped laughing. Now that she has a voice, she uses it every day to brighten anyone and everyone’s lives. And her windigo  blood has made her much more powerful than the average wolf, though Trinton still feels the super protectiveness that all mates feel. She will make an amazing Luna.

***

“Hey, babe. What are you up to?” Cass called out from the in suite bathroom.

“Just keeping up with my writing,” I called back, sitting up from my laying position on our queen-sized bed. “You going to be much longer?”

“No, but I could use your help, if it’s not too much trouble.”

I stood from the bed and made my way into our bathroom. “What do you need, love?”

“I’ve never been very good at French braids. Can you do one for me?”

“Sure, you want one straight down the middle or you want pigtails?”

“Which do you think would look better?”

“Not sure, but let’s try the harder one first.”

“Ok.”

***

Trinton’s POV

“Be, I know you want to help, but I’d feel better I knew you were safe with the elders and children,” I said softly, wrapping my arms around my mate.

“Trint, as much as you want me safe, I want to help keep the people of this pack safe. I am the future Luna. I have to do what’s right for the pack, not what’s right for you and me. How would it make me look if I were to run and hide while our people fought for our lives?”

“Beata, I love you. I just want you safe. I’ve waited so long to find you. I can’t risk losing you now.”

"And I can’t risk losing the respect of the pack before I even get a chance to earn it.”

I lowered my head in defeat. As much as I argued against it, she made perfectly valid points. If she were to go and hide with the children and elders, she would be shunned by the rest of the pack. It was one thing when she was unchanged and deaf; she had a darn good reason to be left behind in the safe zone. But now, she’s changed, she’s healed… Thank Aranrhod… and she no longer has an excuse.