Chapter 2

A/N: First off I want to thank noxonexjustxme for being my first fan and my first comment <3 Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Meet Cassidy Andrews. Believe it or not, she’s a werewolf. This is where her story begins. Hope you enjoy it!

Image is Cassidy>>>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Cassidy's POV

I raised my head and sniffed the air. Something was different today. Different is never good. I glanced over at Trinton, my best friend and the Alpha’s first born son. We had literally known each other since we were in diapers. He was six months older than me. I knew everyone thought we were together since we were always around each other. That wasn’t the case, though. I had my eye on Gentry, the running back on the football team. He’s gorgeous! He had dirty blonde hair that he kept cut close to his head, but not close enough that he couldn’t spike the front, and piercing emerald green eyes. I sighed, causing Trinton to look at me funny.

“What?” I asked him.

“What was that about?” I hate when he answers my question with a question, but I guess I asked for that one, didn’t I?

“Just thinking.”

“About Gentry again?”

I punched his arm and he rubbed it growling. I looked up at his 6’2” frame, smiled sweetly, and batted my eyelashes at him. He grunted and turned away. It was always like that between us. My dad being the Beta and his being the Alpha, we rough housed often since we always got stuck together during training. I was an only child and, therefore, destined to be the next Beta. He was the first born male and destined to be the next Alpha; however, he could turn it down and his younger brother (4 years younger than we were) would be the next Alpha. Not that he ever would. But that’s how it works. If you find your mate and they’re not a part of our world, you could turn down your position and become a regular pack member, allowing the responsibilities to fall on someone else’s shoulders while you were given more time to be with your mate and whatever pups you may have with him/her. Trinton and I had yet to find our mates, but I had a feeling this change in the air had something to do with it.

“Let’s race,” Trinton called out suddenly quickly shifting, destroying his clothes in the process. I rolled my eyes and walked behind a group of trees. Slowly undressing, I put my clothes in a bag and grabbed another bag that had extra clothes for Trinton. Shifting I picked both bags up and walked out. He’s lucky his parents have money and can afford for him to constantly be in need of new clothes. Me on the other hand, I was lucky my father was the Beta, and a darn good one. Any time we fell behind on bills or I needed (heck, even when I just wanted) something, Trinton and his parents were always there for us. Not every poor family is as lucky as we are.

I tossed the bag containing his clothes at him and put a wolfish grin on my muzzle. “Bring it,” I growled playfully through our mind link. Instantly we were both racing off towards the pack house. He may have been the Alpha’s son, but I was always lighter on my feet and more agile. I beat him by a nose length. Panting, we plopped on the grass out behind the pack house curled up with each other. I know it seems like we’re an item, but this is how we’ve always been. I know the other females get jealous, but it’s not like any of them had a shot anyways. Trinton, unlike most male wolves, was holding out for his mate. Our friends were players, but Trinton was still a virgin. I respected him so much more for that.

“Cass?” He asked suddenly

I rolled over and looked up at him. “What’s up?”

“Did you feel that earlier?”