Chapter 15

Markus>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chapter 15

Mysterious POV (This is different from ‘Unknown POV’… Not the same person!!!!)

I sat there, staring at the mass of books surrounding my office and finally allowing my eyes to settle on the volume I currently had open. I had spent millennia searching for just the right tools, the right time to finally make my move, and I think I finally found them. The Fates had unintentionally brought them to me. I know they think they’re just helping me to fill my lonely hours, days, hell… now that I think of it, it’s more like years. They had been lonely, but they had been useful as well.

Now, it’s my turn. I will make my move. I just have to wait out a couple more months and then it will be my turn.

***

Cassidy’s POV

I awoke to the feel of someone curled up in my arms and an instantaneous smile spread across my face. From the tingles, I knew it was Ana. I can’t believe how lucky I am. This amazing, beautiful, smart, funny woman is all mine. She obviously needs a bit of mending, but I’ll be there for her through it all. And once I help her through that, I’ll be around to make sure she never feels that kind of pain again.

I felt her stir and reluctantly loosened my grip on her, knowing she would likely have to relieve herself as soon as she awoke fully. Hell, I kind of have to as well. I slowly got up off the bed and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?”

I turned back to see Ana, propped up on her elbows with a slightly hurt look in her eyes. I walked back over to the bed and sat on the edge, as close to her as I could get. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek.

“I’m just going to run to the bathroom real quick and then I’ll be back,” I promised her before moving towards the door once again. I turned back once more to give her a smile before leaving her room and heading towards the only bathroom in the house.

***

Iliana’s POV

One minute I’m wrapped in arms feeling completely comfortable and deciding to just go back to sleep rather than face the day, and the next the feeling is completely gone. I opened my eyes slightly to see where Cass had gone. I shifted my body thinking maybe she had just rolled over and I could wrap my arms around her, but I realized she was no longer in the bed. I opened my eyes fully and pushed myself up on my elbows. I looked over towards the door and realized she was sneaking out!

‘Is she tired of me already? Does she think this is all a mistake?’ I shook the thoughts away. Her father had told me wolves mate for life, but I’m still new to all of this, so it’s kind of hard to shake these insecurities away.

“Where are you going?” I asked, trying to hide the hurt I felt, knowing it would just make her worry.

She came back to the bed and wrapped me in a hug “I’m just going to run to the bathroom real quick and then I’ll be back,” she promised before softly kissing my cheek and walking out the room.

I lay back down and pulled the blankets back up to my chin. I was stupid to have thought that and it was so cold without her snuggled up with me. A phone rang, causing me to jump and nearly fall off the bed. I quickly searched for it and realized it was hers. I ran from my room and started banging on the bathroom door as soon as I realized it was Trinton’s father. Something had to be wrong.