Chapter 6

A/N: I’m getting a little aggravated now. I have attempted to dedicate the last two chapters and so far it seems that my dedication had disappeared. So, here I go again (on my own…. Yeah… sorry, lol).

I dedicate this chapter (since chapters 4 and 5 seemed to not want to be dedicated to anyone) to noxonexjustxme for being my first read, vote, and comment! Thank you!

Image is Uncle Henry

=============================================================================

Chapter 6

Cassidy’s POV

I lay in bed and glanced at the clock for what seemed to be the hundredth time in a little less than an hour. “5:45” flashed red across the screen. I groaned and rolled to face away from my alarm clock once more, burying my head in my pillow. There was no sense whatsoever for me to be up so dang early on a Saturday morning. This is ridiculous!

I sighed, defeated, and climbed out of bed, deciding that taking a hot shower would help me to relax a little and maybe I could get a little more sleep. There was one good thing about being the Beta’s daughter. We didn’t have to live in the pack house. It was like a giant dorm. Most of the pack lived there and for mated adults and adults with children (nine times out of ten they were one in the same, but sometimes there were adults with children that had lost their mate) Alpha had added some suites onto the old mansion. There were still the bathroom issues, though. There were female and male “latrines”, as was written across the doors. It was hard to imagine the possibility of someone being able to freely walk in while I was trying to take a shower. I didn’t have to share my private bathroom with anyone (perks of being an only child in a house with two full baths).

After my shower, I realized that it had done nothing more than wake me up further. I grumbled and walked down the hall to the kitchen, looking through random cabinets for anything to snack on. My eyes fell on my father’s Oreos and I smiled evilly. I reached in and was about to grab them when I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I jumped and turned quickly, throwing the bag of Oreos as I went. My father stood in the doorway to the kitchen, glaring at me, daring me to touch them again. I snickered and took off for the Oreos that were now nearly halfway across our kitchen, somehow right in the middle of me and my father. He saw my movement and mirrored me. We ran full on into each other and stumbled into a heap on the floor, neither of us close enough to reach out and grab the Oreos before the other could. Laughing we untangled ourselves in time to see my mother standing in the same spot my father had previously been. Laughter was in her eyes as she tried to hide her snickers with an unbelievable smirk. She finally caved and wound up rolling on the floor in a ball with laughter causing her entire body to shake violently.

“Gee, thanks for your help, Mom, “I said sarcastically.

She was laughing so hard she couldn’t answer me, so I did the only logical thing. I knelt down on the floor beside her and raised my arms to where my hand were near my face, palms facing her, fingers wiggling as I prepared for my attack. My father caught on before she did and mimicked me on the opposite side of her. By the time she had caught her breath and realized what we were planning, it was too late. We tackled her, both of us digging our fingers into opposite side of her stomach and she wiggled and screamed and laughed so hard she had tears streaming down her face. Her sign of surrender came when a loud rumble filled the room. My father and I looked down at her amused.

“What?” She asked, sheepishly. “I’m hungry.”

I laughed at her pinkish cheeks and helped her up. “What do you want for breakfast?”

“Ummm….” I loved when she was like this. Sometimes she was more of a kid than I was. I hated that I was obviously going through a rebellious stage because days like this didn’t happen that often any more. I spent most of my time with Trinton and the guys.