014 - Out

~Your POV~

"Go up and talk to him. He'll drain the battery," I said sleepily to Steve, who then climbed up the boxes. Him, me, and Robin had been talking all night, trying to figure out a way to get out of here, while Erica and Dustin were sleeping. 

"You know..we could always wait for one of those Russians to come in here and pick up their shipment, and probably get savagely murdered." I told Robin. "We'll find a way out. Just try to get at least a few minutes of sleep." She said.

"No, I'll help." I stood up from the ground, just as a whizzing noise filled the air. "What the hell-" Robin pointed her finger to the wall. "Could you redirect your stream, please?" Her voice echoed. 

Steve did as she asked, which made the now-darkened wall more noticeable. 

Robin scoffed in disgust, just as Erica started making a banging noise. Me and Robin both turned around to face her. Once we noticed that it was the container of green ooze she was banging, Robin ran over to her. "Hey, hey, hey, hey. Careful. We don't even know what that is." She grabbed the container from her.

"Exactly. It could be useful." Erica sassed. "Useful, how?" Both me and Robin looked at her, confused as to what she meant.

"We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die." "I hate to break it to you, but this is not water." "Plus. We would have at least a few more days of our life left." I budded in.

"Well no, but it's a liquid, and if it comes down to me drinking that shit or dying of thirst, I drink." She gave Robin a snarky smile. "You're going to drink a green ooze that is, might I add, unknown?" Just as I said this, Robin rushed over to the wall and pressed the side of her head against it.

"What is it?" I asked, and she grabbed my hand. "We've got company." With Erica following behind us, we rushed up to the top of the elevator again. 

I could hear the door opening with a loud buzz, and voices speaking in Russian. 

We all peeked down into the room through a caged part of the ceiling, where Steve hushed us. He sat listening for a second, before all of the noises stopped. He then grabbed the ooze from Erica and ran down into the room. "Let's go!" He whisper-shouted, and we all climbed down through the trapdoor. 

Steve rushed Erica out first, Dustin, Robin, and then me. He used the container to hold up the door, which started to crack as soon as he began sliding under it. I grabbed Steve's hand and pulled him from it, just as the container burst and the ooze started..oozing out of it. 

It was letting out green smoke as it burned through the floor. It seemed to be some type of acid. "Jesus Christ," Steve breathed out.

"You still wanna drink that?" Robin looked back at Erica.

As we kept on staring at it, Dustin said "Holy mother of God." As soon as we turned to see what he was looking at, my lips slightly parted. There was a blue lit passageway...that led on for what seemed like forever. 

"Well...hope you guys are in good shape." Steve said. "Looking at you, roast beef." Steve pat Dustin on the back, and then started walking at least 10 feet ahead of us. 

~Time Skip~

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." Dustin said. "What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell." Steve said. 

"They're commies. You don't pay people, you don't cut corners." Erica cut in. "I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. Think about it, they develop the perfect system for transporting that cargo." Robin told her. 

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery." "And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser."

"You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asked. "I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable-" "It'd have to be something big." I interrupted Dustin. 

"Think about it. A place as boring and unimportant as Hawkins, they create a mall..a place where everyone will go, since it's our main attraction. So nobody will think much of it." "Exactly. But they've got to be hiding something big, like promethium or something." "I don't think it's promethium, either. They're Russians. Who knows what they've got going on."

"What the hell is promethium?" Steve asked. "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." Robin answered. 

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." "Well I haven't seen you get sick yet," I told Erica. "No, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?" I laughed at Steve.

"Why so sensitive, Harrington? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" "No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus." "Promethium." Dustin corrected him. "Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something." 

"Or power something," Robin added. 

"Like a nuclear weapon?" "Totally." "We're walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great." Steve said bluntly. 

"But if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places.  At the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disneyland, but maybe that's it." "Again, it could be because Hawkins doesn't matter anywhere else. We're invisible to this country," I said.

Just then, I realized that Dustin and Steve weren't walking with us. After pointing it out to Robin, she turned around. "I'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" She questioned. 

Steve and Dustin exchanged a glance. And just as Steve started to say something, a voice speaking Russian started coming from the bag on Erica's back. "Walkie," Steve and Dustin said, before running back up to us. 

Erica slid the bag from her shoulders and took it out of the bag and handed it to Robin. "A trip to China sounds nice. If you tread lightly. It's the code." She said. 

"Wherever that broadcast is coming from-" "It's close." Robin interrupted Dustin this time. "And if there's one thing we know about that signal.." "It can reach the surface," Dustin finished for her. 

Just then, I let out a small sigh of relief as we all looked at each other. "Let's go." Robin said. 

-

So it's been like a week and a half since I last updated. My bad. But..I'll try to get back on track with it, I promise. But you guys have a great day/night, bye <3