Chapter 10 - New

Peeta's Pov;

I drown in my own tears like a coward.

Death will happen eventually to everyone but you never think about it that much. But I guess we should. Maybe the people in the Seam do but I personally never have. Which is strange living under the capitol's power, I could be killed any second. Be sent into the games like I have been, even though I won't actually get there.

Knowing that you are going to die does something to a person. If I had been told this at home then maybe I would be more worried, but here there is nothing I can do about it. I couldn't escape the capitol at home how could I do it here in the capitol itself! But the thing that hurts the most is that they took Prim aswell, I was too late. I didn't save her!

I will never see Katniss again. Never. I scream in anger and frustration. I rip off the covers of the bed and bang my fist against it. Why did this happen? Why was Primrose and I choosen? Why us? Then I realise. Why anyone? Why is there the games? Why should any child go through that? Why should anyone? Adults and children alike. Why?

Its there fault! The capitol! They did this! I fall on the bed and began to cry. This time I don't stop myself. I drift into sleep and dream about Katniss but at the end of every dream Katniss dies and somehow its my fault, every time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I wake up and expect to be in my room at home but then I remember why I'm here. I don't know how long I slept for because there is no clock or window to tell the time. Hour? Days?

Time passes as I sit on the floor waiting. Waiting for something to happen. Anything! But nothing does. What I think are hours pass and still nothing. What's going on out there! Just kill me already! I know you are!

I go crazy doing nothing, staring at a blank wall. Hurry up! Maybe someone won't come, maybe they're trying to starve me! I look around the room for an escape that might have magically appeared whilst I was asleep. Nothing. I walk over to the chest of drawers and sitting on top I find a letter.

What? How did this get here? Someone came into my room in the middle of the night! How? Maybe its a trap? No. Even if it is I'll be happy to get dying over and done with, I'm sick of this room. I carefully open the letter;

Peeta,

You are probably wondering what's going on? All I can say is you are in immense danger. Forget all you saw or heard about Primrose's death.

Death!! What? A lone tear rolls down my cheek, I wipe it away.

She won't be coming to the games with you.

What does that mean? She is not actually...

For your own safety do NOT speak about her ever here in the capitol or even at home, if you get there. There will be a new tribute to take Primrose's place. These games will not be in your favour, honestly the capitol will try and kill you in there. Haymitch.

Be brave, for her.

Her? Who is her? Katniss? No. He probably meant Primrose. Is she dead?

I fall onto the bed. I'm still entering the games?! New tribute? Haymtich wrote that? Drunk, loud, rude Haymitch! What on earth is going on?

All I know is I could be going home, to Katniss.

Sooooo I hope you liked that (short) chapter, from now on they will be longer because there is no need for sooo much suspense now that I've answered most of your questions! x