Chapter 5 - Not very pretty

This chapter is Primrose's Pov of the last chapter... So far Katniss has had two nights without Primrose since the Justice building. This chapter is Primrose getting to the train and on the train, so basically Primrose's position of the last two chapter (which were in Katniss's Pov.) Hope you enjoy it!

Primrose's Pov:

I leave the Justice Building with my head down and tears staining my cheeks as peacekeepers lead us to the train. Effie babbles about the train and...

"On you go," says Effie suddenly. I look up, we've reached the train.

"Wow," I breathe. Peeta steps on catiously and looks over his shoulder before entering. Effie sighs,

"Quickly." she says pushing me lightly onboard and following me on afterwards. I walk in behind Peeta, keeping a safe distance. The room in the Justice Building is nothing compared to the train's extravagance. Mirrors cover the walls. A long table stretches across one side of the room, sitting on top are millions of decadent cakes and desserts that I can only dream of. Seeing the cakes reminds me of Allen, the Baker, the beautiful cake in my pocket and why I'm here. My smile slips from my face, quickly replaced with a string of tears. Effie looks over at me anxiously,

"Well, I'll go find Haymitch... You two, um..."

"Stay here?" says Peeta softly. Effe nods and smiles a perky grin before leaving. My heart drops, the last place I want to be is alone with Peeta.

"So," begins Peeta looking me in the eye. I quickly look away, and walk over to one of the luxurious chairs coloured in a dark green. Katniss's favourite colour is green... Katniss. More tears fall from my eyes, I quickly wipe them away. I don't want to cry infront of Peeta who could be the one who kills me. But I am too late, he sees me and walks over to where I stand; infront of one of the chair brimmig with cushions in various colours, patterns and designs. He looks at me directly in the eye and I look away. I am about to turn around and leave when he grabs my hand.

"You miss Katniss, don't you?" He asks. This surprises me, I was expecting some sharp tonged insult not sympathy. Maybe he is trying to trick me into a false sense of secrurity just to kill me in the end? I highly doubt it. If he wanted to kill me in the games he would have no trouble out-running me and using a knife. I don't think he would go to all this trouble and anyway it wouldn't go down well back in district 12 Peeta killing me, that's if he wins. The odds are in his favour. I nod solemly. He looks away and then pulls me into a hug. I squeal in terorr waiting for a knife to be stabbed in my back, literally. I always trust people too quickly. We haven't even gotten to the capitol and I'm already dead. But nothing happens.

"Its okay," He whispers into my ear. Maybe he can be trusted? No. I quickly tell myself, trust no-one. That's what Katniss would do. "Everything is going to be fine." He continues. But right at that moment Haymitch enters the room, swaying slightly.

Peet quickly releases me and looks away. But not fast enough. "She's a little too young for you don't you think?" Chuckles Haymitch rudely. "Not very pretty anyway." He staggers over to me and pokes me in the ribs grimly. I can feel the tears collecting ready to fall, I bite my lip and wipe my eyes.

"I think you should leave..." says Peeta pushing Hamitch's disgusting hands away from me and standing infront of me.

"Is she? Not very pretty is she?" He shouts at Peeta getting louder and louder. "Is she???" He pushes Peeta unsuccessfully and falls backwards hitting a mirrored wall laughing sharply, spilling the drink in his hand on himself. Peeta shakes his head and looks at me with kind eyes.

"Are you okay? He's drunk, don't listen to him..." He says gently. I nod and do my best at a smile. He seems happy with that and turns around to Haymitch who is now craddling a bottle of what I can undoubtly assume is alcohol. I have never had liquor before, I'm never allowed - now I see why! But I a part of me thinks Haymitch is like this all the time! I hope not.

"Is... Will he always be like this? Or are the people in the capitol always so rude?" I say and gasp at my own words. I quickly put my hands around my mouth as if this will reverse time and take away my forbidden way of speaking.  At home speaking like this would be unheard of but knowing this train is taking me to my death I don't have much to live for. "I'm sorry... I didn't..." I say hastily. A tear falls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away.

"Missy, don't go around talking like that! Do you hear me? You could get yourself killed..." Says Haymitch firmly, walking towards me pointing a bony, pale finger at me. "I guess its a," He says " little too late for that... Hmm?"  He chuckles sadly. The tears I've tried so hard to hide fall and I don't stop them. Haymitch sighs, taking another gulp of the alcohol right from the bottle. I angle my head away from there eyes. I look towards the door longingly. I wish I knew where my room was, I could go in there and only coming out for meals! As if reading my mind Effie enters the room, her shoes clicking on the floorboards.

"Well, looks like you've met Haymitch." She says chirply, as if thats good thing. 'Where are these words coming from? Why am I acting  like this?' I think to myself. "Would you like me to show you where your room is? Primrose?" She askes ignoring the tears sitting on my cheeks. I wipe them away and nod. "You're going to just love it!" She says exiting the room and motioning for me to follow her. I look behind me at Peeta before leaving, feeling bad for deserting him with the drunken Haymitch but he sits next to Haymitch in deep conversation. He sees me staring and smiles carefully. I still can't decide whether he can be trusted or not. But I have a weird feeling he isn't telling me the whole truth, I think he is holding something back. I just can't work out what!

When we finaly reach my room I can't contain my bitter-sweet excitment. I excited to see my room but words can't describe my petrifying fear of my destination. The Hunger Games and eventually death. Effie smiles brightly as she opens the door and waves goodbye. "I'll send someone for you when dinner is served. Meanwhile make yourself at home!" She says. I smile politely before entering the room. My jaw drops at my lavish room. The whole room ties together perfectly in dark shades of beige, green and purple contrasting the bright pops of neon purple. But the chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the centre of the room takes the cake. Clear crystals hang in a delicate pattern catching the light and  showcasing twinkling lights, reappearing on the walls around me. I look out the window seeing woodland reminding me of home. Nothing like where I am now. I sit on the chair in the corner and take deep breathes, trying not to cry. Katniss... What is she doing now? I hope she is okay. Please let her be okay! Katniss. Her dark brown hair tied loosely in a braid down her back. My father's hunting jacket and boots, her hunting clothes. Her beautiful grey seam eyes looking at me kindly, her warm arms holding me, protecting me from my nigtmares. I love Katniss! I love Katniss. I love Katniss......

My friends stand in a group holding on to eachother. Some of them just stand there frozen like Mum was when Dad died, silent tears falling down there cheeks. Others falling apart crying like they're in pain. I see my Mother at home crying in a ball - her face cold, distant and much, much older. Everyone I know flashes before my eyes weeping. Until finally I see Katniss. Her face scewed up as she screams in terror. She wails and shrieks. I feel tears pricking behind my eyes from seeing Katniss like this. I cry continuously as Katniss screams. Until finally I see a picture that makes sense of everyone's saddness. My cold, dead body.

I wake up cold, wet and screaming. I look up and realise I'm standing in the shower but the water only slowly trickles down. I turn it on gasping in the pleasure of hot water. I peel off my dripping wet clothes shove them in a ball in the corner of the shower and wash my hair with a sweet strawberry smelling potion called 'shampoo' followed by its matching 'conditioner'. I've never used such luxuries but the labels say that there to be used daily! I step out of the shower, my mind clouded with the nightmare that will soon be my reality.

Have you ever read a Hunger Games fanfic and thought; Katniss would never say that! Prim would not do that! Its annoying, huh? If this happens to you with my story, PLEASE tell me in the comments!!

P.S. Don't forget to vote!!! <3