Chapter 8 - Too late

Back with Peeta's Pov!!! Do you like it in his (Pov)? Hope you enjoy it!

Peeta's Pov;

A lady comes rushing in and calmly askes me whats going on. "Look." I shout. Then realise what I'm doing. I don't know what's going on myself. I look around desperatly and see a half empty bottle of painkillers and another labeled sleeping pills. I immiediatly assume the worst. "She took these," I say as calmly as possibly, failing horribly. The women looks at me sternly.

"How long ago? An hour?" she askes opening a cupboard slowly. I nodd. How is she going so slowly? Doesn't she realise Prim could be dead? Hurry up! "Give her this." She says handing me a light blue liquid in a liquid dispencer.

"How?" I ask ignorantly. She just sighs and snatches the contraption from my hands and pouring the liquid into Prim's mouth whilst holding back her neck. She then gets out a device and starts talking into it.

"Yeah. I don't know?" She says into it which I assume is a phone. "Quickly! We'll see. No, no." What does she mean? No, she is already dead? Or no she'll be fine? She gasps and looks over at me anxiously. "No, he doesn't."

"She'll be okay, won't she?" I ask when she finishes. She looks away.

"She will be fine but the capitol won't..." she says quietly.

"Won't what?" I say accusingly.

"I can't," she sighs. "I can't say. But if you know whats good for you won't get involved. You didn't hear that from me." She says softly.

"But..." I mutter. I look down at Prim's body, her head resting on my lap and her hair spraying out around her. What would Katniss do if she saw her now? I could've saved her but I was too late. Its all my fault! I feel like screaming but contain myself infront of Prim. Then I remeber what the nurse said before; "She will be fine but the capitol won't...".

"If she is going to be okay, what is the problem." I ask.

"Honey, I'm sorry I said that before. I tried to hide the truth, she is going to die! There is nothing we can do!" She says delicately not looking me in the eye. I look at her in disbelief.

"No, but you said.." I say hanging on to thought thats she'll survive. But suddenly more nurses rush in and take away Prim on a stretcher bed. Then something comes over me and I start shouting at them and pushing them away from her screaming. This is what Katniss would want me to do. Then suddenly someone stabs me with a needle from behind and the world slowly slips away as I fall asleep. My last thoughts of Prim's death and Katniss's unforgiving heartache. Its all my fault.

"How could you? You could of saved her!" Katniss cries, tears falling down her beautiful face. "Its all your fault!" She starts screaming in terror and lunges herself at me shrieking. She scratches my face with her finger nails and slaps me. "I HATE YOU! I hate you! I hate you more than the capitol! I hate you! You killed her and now I'll kill you!" She howls. She hates me! Katniss... hates... Me. I let her hurt me. I deserve it. I don't have the energy to stop her anyway. Until suddenly her body is lifted off me and into his arms. Gale's arms. I reach out for her but my arms and legs are tied up to the wall that just suddenly appears. He hugs her tenderly as she cries and screams insults at me into his chest. I call out for her but she looks at me with hurt eyes. This small action chokes me. My worst suspition confirmed, she will never forgive me. That should be me holding her, not him. I try to look away but its like my head is glued in place and my eyes are stuck open as the tears blur my vision, but not enough for me not to see them. Then he starts whispering in her ear soothingly and she smiles at him gently. He leans in and plants a delicate and lingering kiss on the corner of her lips. When they part her eyes sparkle slightly as she kisses him impulsively on the mouth. But only slightly and it kills me to think I took away that extra sparkle. "I love you." she whispers as their lips part and continue kissing intensifying as they go. How I wish she would say that to me. "I love you more than anyone else in this dam world." He says softly. But he is wrong, I love her far more than he does. At least I think I do, now I'm not so sure.

I wake up in an infamiliar room with tears stinging my eyes, ready to fall. 'Stop! Don't cry!' I tell myself firmly. Where is Primrose? Is she okay? Did she survive? According to that nurse she was already dead! I don't know though. There was something about the way she spoke. She seemed lovely but... I don't know, she seemed a bit pre-occupied.

I look around the room as my eyes ajust. The simplicity surprises me, aren't I in the capitol? The plain white wall, bare chest of drawers in the corner scare me. At home in district twelve this room would belong to a poor but not starving family. But I'm in the capitol!

Maybe not.

The shortness of this chapter is.... Making me embarrased! But please hold on, I've got something coming! Infact its taking all my effort not to tell you now! Anyway, PLEASE vote!!! And comment! It makes me sad that lots of people read it and don't vote!! Or comment!!! PLEASE!!! <3 Thanks! x