forty two

It had been one month since James and Esme had officially become a couple

Not much had changed since that event, seeing as James and Esme were already acting like a couple, even before they'd put a label on it.

During that month, Erin and John Paul has gradually grown closer but were "taking things slow", Michelle was still trying to persuade the guys to go to parties and get stoned, Clare was focusing on herself and "embracing the wee lesbian inside of her" and Orla was just being Orla.

It was good, everything seemed perfect.

That was until Sister Michael had announced an "emergency exam" that would make sure everyone was actually studying, and not just pretending to.

Esme was sat at her desk, drowning herself with books and paperwork. She wrote down the facts she needed to know.

James was sprawled out on her bed, the books covering her duvet as he groaned tiredly, his mind exhausted from doing so much revision.

"Can we take a break?" James asked

"No" Esme said seriously "These exams are important James, if Sister Michael doesn't think we're working hard enough, she's putting us in extra study hours"

"Would that be so bad?" James sighed.

Esme stared at her boyfriend, giggling slightly as she shook her head in disbelief.

"It's easy for you" Esme said

"How come?" James frowned

"You don't have to try, you just get it straight away" Esme said

James chuckled, standing up from the bed and walking over to Esme as he leaned over her, making her tilt her head back so that she could stare at him.

"What can I say?" He smirked "I guess i'm just blessed with a high IQ and good looks"

Esme rolled her eyes and stood up, following James over to the bed as she sat down beside him, grabbing one of her highlighters and making note of everything she needed to focus on.

"I love a girl who studies" James joked

"You're annoying" Esme scoffed as she circled some things from the book

"You love it" James said

Esme turned to James, biting her lip slightly as she stared into his green eyes, a smile plastered on her pale face.

"You know what I really love?" She asked

James stated at his girlfriend with wide eyes.

"What?" He asked

Esme leant over, her mouth right next to James' ear.

"Passing my exams" She whispered.

Esme chuckled as she grabbed the papers and walked back over to the desk, winking at the English boy.

"You're killing me!" James said as he laid back in the bed, dramatically.

A few hours later, Esme's bedroom door swung open and in walked Michelle, Clare, Erin and Orla.

Michelle groaned, plonking herself down on the bed making James roll his eyes and instinctively begin to grab all of his work to make space.

"God, you're so boring" Michelle said

"Yeah, what kind of couple sit and study all day?" Erin asked "Me and John Paul-"

"You and John Paul aren't actually a couple though, are you Erin?" James smirked.

Esme spun round in her seat to face the group, her eyebrows raised.

"I assume you're not here to study with all of us, then?" Esme asked

"Of course not" Michelle smirked

"We're going out" Clare grinned

"Right" Esme nodded

"You better come" Orla frowned.

James shook his head but Esme nodded, grabbing her boyfriends hand and pulling him up from the bed, making him sigh.

"What's the worst that could happen?"

•••

A/N:

it's been a while!

i'm so close to 10k which
is literally insane.

to say thanks, i'm doing a
10k Q&A so if you have any questions you want me to
answer, either comment
them or message them to me!!

(actually give me questions or i'll be so embarrassed!)

vote and comment.

love y'all

- orla x