forty three

The group were scattered around Erin's kitchen as they waited for Esme and James to arrive at the house

After informing the couple that she was dragging them to David Donelly's concert, Erin suggested that they get changed and meet at Erin's house.

Esme pushed open the door. She was dressed in a floral mesh black top, a black skater skirt and white trainers. It was paired with a simple makeup look and neon clips in her hair.

As soon as she walked in, Erin squealed in delight. She rushed over to her friend, admiring the look she'd put together in such a short amount of time.

"Esme, you look cracker!" Orla shouted from across the room, as all the girls nodded in agreement.

Esme smiled, thanking her friends as she lifted herself up onto the counter, watching as Orla and Michelle scrapped in the corner.

"Orla!" Michelle snarled "Give me back my drink"

"It's mine now!" Orla teased

"I will shove that stupid drink so far up your-" Michelle growled

"Give it to her, Orla!" Erin cut her friend off.

The door opened again and John Paul walked in, immediately wrapping an arm around Erin's waist and holding her close to him.

Mary scoffed, rolling her eyes before she turned to Esme, raising an eyebrow.

"What's all this about you and James, then?" Mary smirked

"Mammy" Erin sighed "We told you not to say anything"

"It's fine" Esme giggled "We're dating"

Mary nodded, walking away from the teenager and moving back towards the sink to wash more dishes.

"Blimey, took you long enough" Gerry mumbled from the table.

Once again, the door opened and James walked in, dressed in black jeans and a pink top along with a black tie.

He smiled at everyone as he moved towards Esme, greeting his friends along the way but ultimately placing a hand on her lower back, moving his thumb back and forth.

"Be safe, no drugs, no drinking and be back here before midnight"

The group nodded and began the walk to the gig. Erin and John Paul walked ahead, the only ones knowing where to go. Michelle and Orla walked together, still arguing as Clare stood in between them, attempting to stop the argument.

Hanging back slightly, James smiled at the girl next to him as he intertwined their fingers.

"You look unbelievable" He smiled

She blushed, watching as his eyes moved up and down her body, lingering on the gap between her skirt and her top before quickly clearing his throat and averting his eyes.