xx.

Mat

I don't know where I was.

I think I'm lost.

I breathed heavily out my nose in frustration and I looked around. I could smell so many different smells that I wasn't sure where it was coming from. I smelled dirt, trees, some good and bad things, and mostly important—other wolves. They had this unique smell I couldn't describe. It was strong and it was a smell that hit you hard in the face but it wasn't a disgusting smell. It didn't smell good either, but not bad. Almost like—chlorine? I don't know, it was a strange smell.

I looked up at the sky and the sun was rising. My whole body felt stiffen and my front and back legs shook a little. I don't even know how it happened, but I turned back into my human skin. I didn't even do it, it just happened on it's own. I could still hear birds and their wings flapping though. The wind blowing the nears. The dirt on the ground and under my nails. I brought my hand up to my hair and brought it to my nose where a strong scent of vanilla from my shampoo was.

Everything was so clear to me. It like having allergies and your nose is so stuff up but after it's gone, you can breathe again. It was like breathing all over again and it was a relief feeling. I grabbed a few dead leaves on the ground and inhaled the strong scent. It was pleasant, but I could smell it better than any human!

I heard cawing of crows and I looked up at the sky where I saw a dozen black birds flying around. My eyes widen when my vision as if I had binoculars on I could see each one of their faces. All their feathers and how they flown as if they were swimming.

And like binoculars, when one of the flew down a little it looked like it was coming nears me. I cried out a little, closing my eyes as I brought my arms up as if they'll protect me but nothing came. I looked up again and realized the crow was just going to a tree and the others followed.

I saw something in the sky and I realized it was snow. It was almost winter now, only two weeks away. It was suppose to start flurry around this time. As the snow fell and touched my body, the snow sizzled a little and vanished. I looked down at my body and I realized I was completely warm as if it was a warm summer morning.

I smiled around as the snow fell, amazed how wonderful this all was! It was all new, but it was an amazing experience and I felt so excited. It was like some bizarre universe.

Crack!

I heard a crack behind behind me and I jerked, quickly turning my head around to see a gray wolf behind me. I felt this feeling in the air and it was sorta of heavy. You know that feeling of awkwardness, that feeling? It was similar but nothing was awkward. Just the feeling. And I know this feeling, it was the same feeling I would get when I was around Alpha Lincoln and only this, the feeling was stronger. I also had that feeling from Marco, but Alpha Lincoln was bigger than Marco.

I tilt my head to the side, “Alpha Lincoln?”

The wolf came near me and as it did, he shifted into a large man that was indeed Alpha Lincoln who was grinning down at me, “How'd you know it was me?”

“I don't know, this feeling inside of me knew.” I said. I slowly stood up since my legs were feeling a little bit like jell-o. “I survived.” I said sarcastically.

“Parents would be proud.” he said.

“I thought we do not speak of them.” I said in an old New England accent.

He grinned, “Clyde was my friend though and I'm Alpha, I can say what I want.” He nodded, “You did good, Matilda. You survived more than half a day as a wolf without causing a trouble and harming any humans which takes good control but wolves who have a Alpha bloodline always do better. Now I would suggest going home, eating a good large breakfast, rest up, and be back in the woods before nightfall. You'll shift without control when the moons is up.” he said as he turned. He shifted back into a wolf, running away and he ran past a wolf I quickly recognize.