xviii.

Killian pressed a piece of ice against my lip and I hissed a little but the pain soon went ahead. I could feel my lip throbbing and I had a horrible headache.

“I know Marco isn’t reasonable but—“

“He would let his sister beat me up any day of the week.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“No, he wouldn’t. But that is his sister, he’s protective of her. They’re twins and she was born first but since he’s the male he’s the strongest wolf and he’s heir of becoming Alpha.” Killian said. “Marco wouldn’t let Melinda beat you up again, but he he’ll always take her side even when she does wrong.”

“Because she’s his sister or because she’s Alpha princess?” I coldly asked. He sighed heavily, his arm falling, and he ran his finger through his dark hair. He opened his mouth, but I knew what he was going to say. I scoffed, “I know, it’s complicated.”

“It is, Mat.” he said. “You surely know how to take care of yourself it seems. You’re a real fighter.”

“Years of defending myself.” I said, taking the ice from him and placed it on my throbbing bottom lip. “Melinda had her friends do her dirty work though, which wasn’t fair. I didn’t even make her nose bleed and she got to walk away from it.”

“Well technically, she ran.” he said sarcastically and I grimaced at him for a moment. He sighed heavily and rubbed my arms, “Mat, I know it doesn’t seem fair but it’s just how it works. At least you’re not a male Wolf, you would really know what it’s like to be an Omega. Stories of the old days, they use to beat the Omega’s until they died.”

“Why?” I asked.

He shrugged, “Instincts. Omegas are still wolves and all wolves wanna be the best. Some were probably cocky and do many competitions with others to go ahead further into the pack. No one really wants to be known as the Omega. When we came out of hiding from the humans and our kind was dying out we stopped killing our kind. Where the Rogue come along. Many of them didn’t like the new rules, so they were kicked out.”

“So what you’re saying is Wolves have become very domestic over the years.” I said and he nodded. “Dying Wolves, not everyone got their Mates.”

Again, he nodded, “Yup, which is why it’s rare.”

I threw the melting piece of ice away and sighed, “So what happens now? I ‘tried’ to attack the Alpha daughter everyone will make it seem and I won’t be able to join the pack.”

“Marco may be pissed that you tried to defend yourself by fighting his sister, but as future Alpha he needs allot of packs members. Alpha Lincoln won’t be bothered by teenage problems. Even we both know the truth and Melinda just a punk who rather have people do her battles than herself.” he said. He put both hands on my neck and leaned over, pecking me on the mouth, “Hey, you’re not the only one embarrassed. I had three girls holding me back. That hurt my ego allot.”

I chuckled, feeling a little better.

*

When I woke up the next morning, my alarm hadn’t gone off and I remembered it was a Saturday. I join the pack tonight. I turn eighteen I two days. I stared up at the ceiling just thinking about everything. I turned and looked around my ‘new’ room. I don’t have much, since Devin likes to say I have to now fill the room with things I like. I had a TV in my room, which was nice since we couldn’t have one back in the home and could only go in the lounge to watch TV.

I turned to the other side and looked out the window. My curtains were open and I could see out in the yard Zoe was outside with Shiloh playing in the leaves. The woman I was looking at was a wolf. The little boy she was swinging in the air was one day to become a wolf. I was to become a wolf.