xiii.

Killian

Before I went into the house I walked over to the mail box. I ran my hand threw my damp hair that was filled with sweat from my run. It was nine o'clock and I had spent most of the night running through Oregon.

I was breathing heavily as I grabbed the stack of mail and looked threw them to see if I got anything which I did. I got curious when I saw my only my name on it not the address or who it was from.

I set the others mail back in the mail box and opened the white envelope. I took out the piece of paper that was ripped out from a notebook and opened it.

I'm sorry I couldn't say this in person. It would have been hard to say it to your face and this is the third time I written this so it'll be perfect. I'm leaving, that's my decision Killian. We don't have to keep hiding if there is nothing to hide anymore. You stay in Marchand, you have a life here where I never really did. Tell Blue I'll miss her and she's was the greatest cousin a girl could have. Tell Devin not to be angry and that he was an awesome big brother and I secretly did want to move in. Tell Will he's still an asshole but he was a great guy for rooting for us. I'm sorry if I hurt you by doing this, but this has always been the idea of mine to leave. I'll never forget you, you'll probably be on my mind until I die. Find a sweet girl and be happy. Make your own decisions and be who with you want. It's your life.

Mat Daugherty

My heart quicken and it speed like lighten until it finally broke. "What?" I asked myself as I reread the letter from Mat. Is she joking? This is a sick joke right? I turned and ran down the street. I ran towards the Wings Hope and I didn't stop until I was on the street. I paused when I saw across the street two police cars. I forced my feet to move and I ran across the street and I ran over to the doors. I opened the door and ran in.

Three cops where talking to a few ladies when I ran in and they turned their attentions towards me.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Matilda?" the oldest lady asked.

I walked towards them, "Yes Mat!" I coldly said and one of the police officer grabbed me. "Where is she? Tell me!"

"Hey young man, cut it out!" the one who was doing his best to hold me back said.

I brought my hand up and pushed him away, "Where is she?" I growled, my hands cracking as I balled them into fists and undid them, feeling my nails pierce my skin.

"How do you know her?" the police officer asked me. "What is that in your hand?" When I didn't answer but glare at him, he reached for it, "Well give it here."

I threw my fist across his face, "Don't touch me!" I yelled before I was forced into the ground and had my arms thrown behind me. I could have probably fought them off, ran away, and get one of the elders to forget what I have done but all I could think about what the hell Mat was thinking.

*

When I felt Alpha Lincoln presence I walked over to the bars and pressed myself against it as he came over. Confused, my eyebrows furrowed together, "Where's a guard? I want to get out."

He crossed his arms over his chest, "Just want to save this imagine in my mind a little longer. I hope you learned your lesson Killian."

"Mat is gone." I said.

He sighed heavily and put his hands in his pockets, "I know. Want to tell me why?"

I shrugged, "Your guess is as good as mine."