xxxv.

Alana stood up, "What secrets?" she asked.

I turned to look at her before I looked back at Lincoln, "Wanna tell her?"

He gave me a hard look, "Tell her what? I have no secrets with Alana so shut your mouth.

I let go of him chuckling, "You have allot of secrets. Why didn't you ever tell me you were suppose to be with mother? Why didn't you tell me there was a switch between my parents and the both of you?"

"What?" Melinda asked. "I never knew this."

Lincoln stared at me for a moment before chuckling, "You're brother and Killian are here. Why are they when they should be back in Oregon." he asked. "They just made when the rest of y'all did."

"Killian was going back to Massachusetts, they were going threw Tennessee. Devin decided to come with him since he knew I would want him to. They did think I was dead. Devin had to put his wedding on hold because of everything that happened." I said. "Hana is a realtive and Devin knew this."

He snorted, "I don't believe you. I have a feeling there's another reason."

I shrugged, "And I couldn't believe you were in love with my mother. I couldn't believe if my dad was such a good friend of yours you were so willing to kick him out of the pack. You didn't help them, not once. And I couldn't believe you would give your wife Arsenic." I said, making his eyes widen.

"What is Arsenic?" Alana asked, walking over towards us. I looked at fully and noticed how much healthier she looked. "Lincoln?"

"She's lying, darling." Lincoln said, giving me a hard look. "Shut your mouth, Matilda. You don't know anything-"

I looked at Alana, "Go see the doctor-a different doctor and ask him about your cancer. Take allot of tests. It would have magically disappeared." I turned away from them and walked over to Talaus. He looked amused as I walked over and arched his eyebrow when I stopped in front of him. I pointed at him, "What happened to Carlene?"

"Carlene?" he asked. "She got sick and passed away. I was terribly upset but it was years ago and I had to move on. I miss her everyday, she was truly the love of the my life."

"She was only tweny years old." I said, scoffing. "I hear allot of things about you, Talaus."

He grinned and raised his chin as he got comfortable in his chair, "Oh really? I am the Alpha of the biggest state inside of the US."

"You must have been so happy." I said and he shrugged. "My cousin Nate Summers does have allot to say about you."

"Nate Summers who?" he asked. He stood up, "Matilda, I know allot of people. You gotta more specific."

I stared at him for a moment before chuckling, "You disgust me." I said before walking over to the others at the end of the table. I sighed heavily and down in my chair, "This whole room disgust me. You Alphas. I know we have to blend in with humans and try to keep peace. Looks where blending is getting us. You don't know how to protect us."

Jaycob snorted and looked amused, "What makes you say what we care what your talking about? You go back with Alpha Lincoln to Oregon and we all try to look for Ramses. We appreciate you getting them out but we have to get going home. I'm tired of hearing all of this. Gavin, come on." he said as he got up and his wife followed.

I looked at Gavin and he looked down at me, "I'm giving you a chance, Gavin. You can go and I won't be angry at you. It's your life, your choice. Go."

He stared down at me for a moment and Jaycob looked pissed, "Gavin! What are you doing? Come on."

Gavin pressed his mouth roughly together as he looked at his older brother, "Go to Hell, Jaycob." he said, making his brother expression drop. "You treat me like I'm the biggest scum in the world and I know you blame me for mom dying but it's not my fault! I rather stay with Mat then go back home with you."