Chapter 41

Blade's POV

I blink at what he just said. His mate? How can a human have two mates?

"And? How the fuck are you any help?" I said not bothering about the logic of mates anymore. The Fates have been messing with us for so long and I'm so done with this shit. My main priority is to get Atsuko back now.

"Like any vampire under me, he's gifted. His knowledge knows no bounds."

"And what do you suggest?" the Queen asks. The young vampire looks up with his yellow eyes shimmering.

"Dragon Forest. They're the only ones that could breach the enemy. With their resources and manpower, the enemy is outnumbered. Once you've rescued Atsuko, you can activate her powers once more. You can leave the rest to her by then." the vampire explains.

The Queen shrugs. "Sounds simple. I'm in."

"No, you're not." the Kings said in unison as they enter the house. The pack makes way for the two large twins stepping in. They don't look happy whatsoever. The Queen averts her eyes away from them as one of the Kings slams their hand on the wall behind her.

"H-Hey there, Raylen. Looking good?" she says still not making eye contact. The King remains silent while looking at her straight on. He closes his eyes and exhales the deep breath he took in and looks back at us.

"What is the status on the guardian?" the other King asks.

"We overheard your plan. It's not a bad one. However, we see a flaw in it." his brother explains while pointing to the Queen's belly. That's right. The Queen is pregnant. We can't expect her to help us talk to them.

"I'll volunteer." Lucas says stepping up. "We've established enough of a bond to get them to work with us."

"I'm sorry but I do recall that you said that you're no longer one of us?" Kayle states.

Lucas glares back at Kayle. "Would you rather have them suck the life out of Atsuko and become more powerful than ever?"

Kayle shuts up.

"Didn't think so. None of you likes this better than I do. You guys want Atsuko dead but if they kill her, they'll come for the pack next."

I nod. "As much as I hate it, the Omega is right."

Our senses perked up again of an unknown figure that just collapsed out of the forest near the house.

It was Juliet!

Another figure seems to be carrying her towards us as well. As it approaches us and hands Juliet to Kayle, he stares back at me. Those glowing purple eyes look like he wants to kill me ten times over. Such traditional Asian robes and with that long hair braided down to his back makes him look more menacing.