Bonds

Tayler & Kayle

CHAPTER 7 : Bonds

Kray's POV

“You know, there’s something odd about her, that human I mean.“ Gabriel one of my coven members said.

I look at him. “What are you saying?“

“That tattoo on her right arm, she thinks she hid it well but not through our eyes. Don’t tell me you didn’t notice it.“ he glanced at me. His eyes slowly changing to yellow. That's the true colour of a vampire's eye. At least now I can let loose a bit.

“What about the tattoo?“

“I can’t put my finger on it but I know I've seen it somewhere before."

I just shrugged it off and walked out.

"Off to find her?" I can tell there's a hint of amusement in that question.

I stopped in my tracks. "I need to feed."

I didn't listen to whatever Gabriel wanted to say as I stormed off. Tracing her scent is easy. I made sure I'm well hidden. The sun is setting but I'm not taking any chances. Even though I've been trained to survive under the sun but not for long. I'm not a Royal.

I can see her now. She's reaching home. I took a few silent steps but she stopped which made me leap onto the nearest tree to hide. She glanced at her surroundings as if she knew I was here. She did a 360 analysis on her surroundings. I gulped down hoping she doesn't notice me. Hold on, I'm a vampire for goodness sake! Why am I nervous about this? I've been good at hiding for so many centuries!

I glance down as she relaxes herself and walks home. The Beta's house isn't far so I waited until she's inside.

When I arrived, she's already on her laptop video calling someone. I sat on the nearest tree as I watch her. It seems that the Beta family isn't around. I'm guessing they're having another gathering. Does Atsuko knows of our existence?

I really don't understand this...this feeling at all. I'm a vampire trained to not harvest any emotions but I myself do not understand this feeling.

Then suddenly I heard a growl. A wolf growl to be exact. No wonder the weres aren't around. They're out hunting. I'm counting at least a dozen rogues heading for Atsuko. Big mistake.

I got down from the tree and headed towards a forest just right behind the beta’s house. I can see them now. They're approaching the house with their eyes full of hunger and lust. Something inside of me is churning and I accidentally let out a snarl. That gave me away. Shit.

“Well, look what we have here.“ someone from the darkness appeared.

“Leave.“ was all I said .

He chuckled. “Didn’t expect a night crawler here in werewolf territory. So what brings you here? Or is it that you’re here to protect that little human up there? Didn’t think that they were so short on warriors.“

"I never take orders from the likes of them. I'm here for a snack which is now a feast." I bared my fangs.

The man didn’t say a word and let the wolves attack.

Within a flash they were on the ground. Dead. The man stood there with a shock look on his face. He couldn't move. I can hear his heart pumping as adrenaline took over. He starts to bolt but he's too slow. I caught up to him and grabbed him by the neck. He and his friends are pathetic. I'm expecting a good fight and a struggle but this is too easy.

“You’re my next meal."

I bit down on him and started drinking. Usually the blood of rogue werewolves tastes like sand but his is just normal like he belongs to a pack. As I suck him dry, I stood over the body analysing it. He doesn't look like one of those rogues at all. His looks are completely different definitely not like a rogue.