Unexpected Incidents

Kayle and Tayler

CHAPTER 27: Unexpected Incidents

Atsuko's POV

Maybe last night's fun was not a good idea. Aunt Klarrissa places the warm cloth onto my head and that feels so good.

"ACHOO!"

"Bless you, sweetheart," she smiles and so did I. Having the flu sucks and I can barely breathe with my blocked nose.

"I'll get you some chicken soup and after that you get some rest." she kisses my forehead. Nobody else actually bothered about getting infected because they're all werewolves. Saber came over too without Blade because he was dragged into a meeting with the twins. I think they're back now because I can hear thundering footsteps and my bedroom door got kicked open. In comes Blade with the twins following behind. Blade gives me a tight hug, gives me a kiss on the forehead and cheek and examines me from head to toe.

"Why isn't my mark working on you? Shouldn't you be better by now?!"

I shrug it off. I can barely speak no thanks to my swollen throat too. Why didn't the mark work? Reign is back with me so my healing power should be doing its job but it's not. My tattoo throbs again.

You summoned me for the first time in a few years. Your powers will return to full power soon enough. I again apologise for your illness though your mate is very muscular.

I rolled my eyes at him. I'll be back in full strength but right now I can feel the weight of the world on me and I feel like dying. I slump back into bed and Blade settles down next to me.

"Hey, we need her attention too you know." Kayle grumbles. I look up from my blanket to see my cousins staring down at me. I smile at them to reassure that I'll be alright. It's just the flu.

"Okay, I'll prepare the soup now but I think the medications are kicking in. Blade, out." Aunty says. My eyes immediately shut but I know Blade didn't leave my side even though I can sense a disturbing feeling coming out from my aunt.

Blade's POV

I shake my head again while Klarrissa puts her hands on her hips.

"I don't think she wants me to," I said while pointing down that Atsuko finally cuddles up to my chest. Klarissa shakes her hand smiling and just left and called the twins along for help. They eyed me for a while and left too not without a warning glare. I rolled my eyes at them. I won't even do anything to her. She's sick and I'm just keeping her warm.

"You are warm..." Atsuko agrees and she snuggles closer. Her voice is so hoarse it makes my heart ache just listening to it.

"Shhh...don't talk anymore. You'll be fine in no time." I whisper to her as my forehead touches hers. She smiles and begins to snooze. I wonder what is going to happen from now on. She's officially mine and her duty as a guardian has already started. I have a bad feeling and I don't like it at all.

Just then I heard something from the trees. At first, I thought it was that bastard, Kray, since I smell vampire but it wasn't him. I got up in alert carefully not waking Atsuko up. I head towards the window just in time to catch this leech. He decided to leap from the tree to escape but I managed to grab him just in time. I jumped from the window pulling him along and landing myself directly onto him making sure he feels the pain. He lets out a loud grunt.

"Who the fuck are you and what the hell are you doing here?" I grab his collar making him face me. He's Asian and his glistening yellow eyes show no emotion at all.