The Wedding

Jaylen & Raylen, The Kings

Atsuko's POV

"You look so cute, sweetheart," Aunty says as we walked out of the house to Uncle Javier's car.

"Yeah with that red nose." Kayle coughs out a laugh. I'm doing alright for now. At least I can still walk properly.

"C-Can I just sleep on the way?" I ask. My voice is still hoarse despite duning so many glasses of lemon and lime down my throat. I still look pale though. The Queen's wedding is today and after a good rest yesterday I just remembered who she actually is. We met a few years back when she was still used to her new powers. She ended up ruining our nine-month undercover mission but managed to help us catch the criminals in the end. Dragon Forest returned the favour when her wolf pack was facing a war between every supernatural being that wants them dead. The kill was easy but the cleaning up was not. After that we made our separate ways and now we're reunited again only to discover that I am one of the guardians that is supposed to eradicate the darkness in the world. How am I going to do that when I am darkness itself?

Akira's POV

"It's a little tight." I said while Daisy, my soon to be sister in law, braids my hair.

"Probably the kids." Drew chuckles.

"Why are you here again?"

"I'm your best friend and the best man." he says like it's the most obvious thing ever.

"Austin and Keith are also the best men you know so why aren't you with my mates?"

Drew's face pales and he looks away. "You don't want to know."

I see my eyes slowly turning from red to white.

"Wait, Akira, don't tell me you're looking?"

"Too late," I said as my face scrunches up in disgust.

"Dude, are you trying to make me regret marrying my mates?"

"Hey, you're the one that wanted to take a peek at what happened." Drew defends. It's barely less than 24 hours and they're already turning the room inside out. What can I do? My dad insists that its tradition that the bride should not meet the groom until the test is done. Jaylen and Raying to make my dad pay soon enough. I just hope they hold back. He is my dad after all. I cannot even believe they agreed to follow the traditions too.

"There, all done!" Daisy says happily and I stood up. Drew whistles and I can see that his eyes have already dilated.

"Down, boy." I chuckle as he examines me up and down.

"They're one hell lucky Alphas. Look at you! I mean I cannot believe that nerd I used to know is getting married."

I narrow my eyes at him. Must he bring up my embarrassing past? My body arches back again and Daisy grabs hold of me to keep me from falling.