Chapter 38

Atsuko's POV

The pack circles around me. Blade's father stood in front of me and I'm tied up in both arms and legs. I can hear the pack chant "death" repeatedly. I just killed their third in command.

"Your reason, Atsuko?"

"As I have said, I aim to kill monsters, that is my duty." I looked up at him while he stares down at me with the same cold stare as the others. His wife behind along with my family. Aunt Klarissa holding back her tears in disbelief with Uncle Javier still trying to process what is going on. I see the twins standing guard behind Blade's father with their stern looks staring back at me.

"You're prepared for this, aren't you?"

"I'll accept whatever punishment you bestow upon me." I bow my head down to the ground. I hear him walk away and loudly makes his announcement.

"There will not be any judgement tonight. The Goddess as our witness, Atsuko Kurosawa will be detained as the pack's prisoner until further notice. You're all dismissed. Go back to your families and rest."

The crowd gasps at Alpha Mathew's decision. My head springs up to that decision. What is he thinking? The crowd goes louder and louder until they are silenced by one single growl.

"Dismiss." Alpha Mathews command and the pack silently obeyed.

**********

I watch as they confiscate whatever electronic device I have. My phone and laptop-all confiscated as I sat there in my room. Uncle Javier clicks onto the lock and it shuts all the windows tightly. They even installed security alarms in every entrance of the house. With two of the pack's best guards outside my door and a few more outside of the house. 

"Atsuko, what is going on?" Uncle Javier asks me.

"I've already answered that."

"Yes but I don't believe my niece would do something so reckless."

"I got careless. That is all." I spat. He growls at what I just answered. I know his temper and I'm not exactly being rational by testing his patience. He walks out of the room just as Alpha Mathews walks in.

"Let me, Javier. You guys all get some rest," he says as he shuts the door behind him. He moves his way and sat down next to me. I won't crack no matter what. He just smiles up at me.

"You're lucky. At least you're just under house arrest. Our prison cells are not exactly sanitary."

I kept quiet as he continues to joke around.

"Dragon Forest," he says and I flinch. My head immediately turns to him with the intent to kill.

"I mean no harm, Atsuko. I know and I owe you and your parents my life. Don't you remember?"

I kept quiet. His smiling and happy demeanour are very disturbing. I've only known him to be strict and direct.

"Well, knowing you, you must have forgotten. It must be hard losing your whole family at a young age."

"Iye (No). You don't understand. You won't understand it until you experienced it on your own."