Fated Meetings

Atsuko's POV

I let out a yawn as I collect my books and made my way out with Kayle. My mind couldn't focus completely during class and I almost drifted off to sleep if it wasn't for Kayle who keeps pinching me to keep me awake.

"That's what you get for sleeping late." Kayle nags.

"Gomen (Sorry)," I said.

"I'd better get going. I won't be attending classes for a few days with Tayler so think you could lend us your notes later on?"

I nod and let out another big yawn. Kayle flicks his finger onto my forehead.

"Itai (Ouch)!"

"And try to get a good sleep after school, alright?" He scolds. I nod again as he made his way towards the gym. Tayler and Kayle have been very busy with basketball lately. I heard from Blade that they're having a friendly match with another team this weekend. I checked my phone to see that I still have time for lunch before heading to my last class. Blade is still busy being tutored by Saber in the library so I might as well have lunch on my own. I'll stop by the library to check on them later on. Hopefully, Blade is doing well. Judging from his eyebags these past few days, Saber wasn't planning on holding back. Once I made my way to the cafeteria and ordered my food, I tried to find some space to sit and eat. But there's a group at the far corner that caught my eye. Those jackets are so familiar and they don't look like they belong to this school at all. All the shifters around me eyed them cautiously but ignored them anyway.

"Eh? Atsuko-chan?" someone says behind me and I turn to find Kaito!

"Sempai (Senior)?!"

"Naze anata wa koko ni iru nodesu ka (Why are you here)?!" we both said at the same time. We laughed at what just happened. Kaito ushers me to the group.

"Watashi wa koko de bekyo shite imasu (I'm studying here)." I said. I know Kaito is part of the basketball team back home but I really never expected the team to be here of all places.

"Watashi wa, watashitachi no subete ga koko ni iru riyu o shitte iru to omoimasu (I think you know why we're all here)," Kaito says. Everyone including me are thrilled so see each other again. We talked for a while and it was great catching up with all of them. They were planning to surprise me at Dragon Forest but they never expected that I'd be studying here. Rhett had already agreed to meet up with them tonight. Speaking of Rhett, I wonder how he is doing after last night's incident. Kaito puts his arm around me.

"Watashitachi wa hontōni anata o takusan minogashite shimatta (We've really missed you a lot)."

"Watashi mo (Me too)" I said

"Watashi mo (Me too)" I said. We joked and told each side of our stories and catching up with one another. Then everything went silent. I feel an ominous feeling behind me.

"What the fuck is this?" Blade says with a low growl. Blade grabs me by my arm and yanks out of Kaito's grasp. His eyes are darkening into his wolf. His left arm wraps itself protectively around me while the other yanks Kaito out of his seat.