Chapter 39

Atsuko's POV

The walls of my bedroom have never been so interesting in my life as I just stare straight at them. Boredom started to kick in a few hours ago after I've finished reading every book I have in my room. I've practically studied everything in the textbooks and really confident that I'm fully prepared for finals. Right now, I'm dying without my phone and laptop.

"I see that you're being productive." Kray says behind me. I got up from the floor.

"How do you actually come in here? My room is guarded 24/7."

"I'm a vampire. We have our ways and stop that with your lists of experiments! It's disturbing!" He scolds. I covered my eyes since I found out that he can only read minds if he were to make any eye contact.

"Are you here to keep me company? Does the guards know you're here?"

"Yes and no." he says and pats on the bed asking me to sit with him and I did. We sat facing each other. He brings out a map and all I see is just greenery on it. It's a map of the forest where the pack always train and hunt. I see a large red X marked at the corner of it.

"This," he points to that X since I've been staring at it for quite a while. "is where your stupid mate is. He's been sulking like a puppy since you were exposed."

"H-How did he survive up there?"

"Princess, he's a wolf."

Right, I forgot about that.

"You need to tell that brat the truth. From there, you can clear things up and your name at the same time."

"Okotowari (I refuse)." I flat out answered. Kray sighs.

"Atsuko, you have to establish a trust bond between you and him. Use the mate bond to your advantage. He loves you and he wouldn't allow anything to hurt you but then again you're stronger than you look." he smirks once he said that last sentence. Kray is trying to get credit from the training he's been putting me through in which he deserves.

"And knowing you, you miss him a lot and you want to see him."

"Fine but there is one problem." I said.

"What would that be?" He asks and I raised one of my eyebrows. I pointed at the window and the door. He nods as he understood what I meant. Kray suddenly got up and I was in his arms in a flash.

"W-What are you doing?!"

He smirks and makes his way towards the empty wall of my room. What is he doing? He's not going to just run through it, is he?!
"Don't be ridiculous. That's just being reckless. Now, close your eyes, princess."

"Why?"

"Close it or you won't get to see your mate."