Chapter Five: Game Plan.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on september 14th, 2019 @ 8:47pm

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

CHAPTER FIVE - GAME PLAN

𝓣𝚁𝙴𝙽𝚃

I WAS WEARING A GREEN flannel as all of us were walking down the stairs as Levi and I were holding hands. Brody was holding hands with Sarah. "There you are, Preston." Brody said. "Hey, Presto." Sarah added as she wiggled her fingers in front of Preston's face. We all sat down. "You busy?" Brody asked. "Yes! I got a spider! Hey, guys." Preston greeted as he continued playing his game. "So you're playing that game too, huh?" Levi asked.

"Game Goblin. It's the latest craze. See.. You guide this kooky little goblin-guy in to take over the castle, and he eats all the creepy little creatures that try to stop him." Preston explained. "Oh, he's so cute!" Hayley exclaimed. "I want to try." Calvin said, taking the game from Preston.

"Come on Cal, don't mess up my game. I'm already on level 5!" Preston said, taking the game back. "Is that... good?" Calvin asked. "It's so cool, watch this!" Preston replied. "So, the more creatures you get, the higher your Power Bar goes?" Sarah asked. "Mm hm." Preston answered.

"So what happens when it's full?" Calvin asked. "Well, find out for yourselves... I got everyone Game Goblins!" Preston replied. Everyone ended up taking one. I felt my heart beating rapidly. Somehow, I had a bad feeling about this. "No worries, guys. You guys are lucky. I got you the last ones. These things are selling like hot cakes!" Preston said. We were all in class as I was sitting next to Levi and doing tricks with my pen.

"Next up we're going to be talking about volcanoes." Mrs. Finch said as she turned around. Everyone but Brody and I got out their game. "Now you'll all have to listen very carefully, because volcanoes will be in your end of year test." Mrs. Finch said as she turned around and everyone hid the game. She turned back around as everyone got out the game again. "The molten magma sits underneath the earth's crust, under tremendous heat and pressure..." Mrs. Finch continued.

She turned around and everyone hid the game once more. She turned back around as everyone got the game out. "As I was saying..." She started to say as she turned around. "The molten magma sits just below the earth's..." Mrs. Finch continued. She ended up catching everyone without warning. "I knew it! You are all playing Game Goblin! The next person I find with that silly video game, I will have it confiscated!" Mrs. Finch warned.

Everyone groaned. "Put it away. Hurry up." She said as everyone began putting it away. "Now back to volcanoes." Mrs. Finch said. A Game Goblin noise was heard as Mrs. Finch quickly turned her head. "I heard that. Someone's still playing that game... Who is it?" Mrs. Finch asked. She walked back to where Victor was. She waved her hand in front of his face. She pulled out the board to reveal the real Victor. We all laughed. "Victor!" Mrs. Finch exclaimed.

"Uh, hi Mrs. Finch! You're looking lovely as ever today... Apart from that scowl..." Victor said. "Give me that game. You can get this back from the lost and found at the end of the day!" Mrs. Finch said as she took the game from him. "No! You don't understand. I'm on level 4!" Victor argued as the bell rang. "Don't forget to hand in your homework assignments before you leave!" Mrs. Finch reminded us. We were all at the base in our training outfits.

"For today's training, I thought we could start with some balance drills, and..." Brody started to say. Everyone was playing the game except me. Brody looked at me as I just shrugged. "Come on guys, we need to train!" Brody informed. "Okay, okay, okay." Calvin replied. Brody took Levi's game out of his hands. "Hey! Give it back." Levi said. That's when the game started glowing. Brody, Calvin, Hayley, and Sarah disappeared. Leaving only Levi and I.

"They got sucked right into the game!" Levi said. I was with Levi as Brody called him. "Brody! What happened to you guys? Mick, Trent, and I have been so worried!" Levi said. "Those games were a trap. We're stuck inside of it fighting Game Goblin. He's a monster. Somehow, he keeps getting powered up, we can't beat him!" Brody stated. "Are the others with you?" Levi asked. "Everyone but Preston. Don't know why he didn't get pulled into the game. He's been playing it like crazy." Brody replied.

I followed Levi. "That's what Trent and I are trying to find out." Levi said. "Yes! I'm nearly at level 9!" Preston said. "We found him, and yeah, he's still playing." Levi informed. "Oh no! The monster just powered up with 1000 points." Brody said. "What? Preston just got a thousand points!" Levi said. "Oh no... All these people playing the game... They're giving Game Goblin the energy to fight you." Levi said. "If that's true, then you and Trent have to figure out how to stop them from playing, and fast!" Brody stated.

"Don't worry, Trent and I got this. Stay safe, bro!" Levi replied. Both Levi and I walked towards Preston. "Preston, we have a problem. Come on." Levi informed. "What? What is it?" Preston asked. "Just trust us. Come on." Levi replied. "I'm with you guys." Preston said as he closed the game and followed us. The three of us entered the base. "Mick!" Levi shouted. "You'll never guess what I just figured out." Mick said.

"When people play those games, they generate energy for the monster inside?" Levi questioned. "Wow... yes. Good guess." Mick replied. Preston was about to touch the game. "Ah... no... do not touch the infected games Preston, otherwise they'll suck you in. That's how the other Rangers got stuck in the game." Mick explained. "What?" Preston said. "We've gotta stop everyone from playing." Levi informed. "Come on that's like asking a bee not to buzz, or a fish not to swim. These kids are totally hooked!" Mick said.

"Preston... you okay?" I asked. Preston was pacing back and forth. "I gave everyone that stupid game, and now our friends are trapped inside. This is all my fault. I got everyone obsessed... including myself." Preston replied. Levi put his hand on Preston's shoulder. "It's gonna be fine... but first, we have to get people to stop playing." Levi said. "Yeah... yeah you guys can do that, right?" Preston asked. Mick, Levi, and I replied that we could.

"Good. Then I'm going to help them." Preston said. "You're what?" Levi questioned. Preston picked up one of the infected games as he went inside of it. "Okay, Mick, how do we convince every student to stop playing the game?" Levi asked. "Okay, well, well..." Mick started to say as he tripped over a mop bucket. He suddenly handed the mop to Levi. "Take a seat, Levi. I have got a plan." Mick said as showed green paint. I smiled in agreement. Mick and I came out of the base.

"Everybody! Attention everyone! You have got to stop playing Game Goblin!" Mick shouted. "No way! I'm nearly level ten!" Someone replied. "Levi just reached level ten... and look what happened to him!" Mick said. Levi came in screaming. "It turned me all green! This is what happens when you reach level ten!" Levi exclaimed. I tried not to laugh as everyone put their games down. "This is the Game Goblin curse!" Levi shouted. "Stop playing or you will be next!" Mick said.

More students threw down their games and began leaving. Mick and I were wiping the green off Levi's face. "Hold still... you're almost clean." Mick said. "Wait... couldn't you have just shapeshifted into having a green face?" Levi asked. "Well, uh, yeah... but this is way more fun." Mick replied. Everyone appeared from the games. "Are you okay?" Mick asked. "We beat Game Goblin at his own game!" Sarah replied as she high fived Mick.

"And Preston was amazing." Calvin added. "Thanks. Look, I'm sorry, guys. I let Game Goblin get in the way of homework, and training..." Preston said. "You weren't the only one. We were all a bit obsessed." Levi said. "You were right, Brody, we all went crazy, over a video game." Preston added. "At least it's over." Brody stated. "And thank you guys. Without your help we would've been toast." Hayley said to Mick, Levi, and I.

"And now, how about some training?" Brody suggested as we all agreed and headed out.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A/N: There we go! Hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 1456 words.