Chapter Sixteen: Car Trouble.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! In case you didn't see my message, Netflix has deleted every Power Rangers series except for Super Ninja Steel, Beast Morphers, and Mighty Morphin. I'm trying to get Trent's story done before they decide to take Super Ninja Steel off. Enjoy!

edited on april 3rd, 2021 @ 12:00pm

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN - CAR TROUBLE

𝓣𝚁𝙴𝙽𝚃

I WAS AT SCHOOL WEARING a green flannel as Calvin was telling everyone what had happened while he was walking to school.

"And, bam! We fixed that lady's car in no time." Calvin was saying. "It was so awesome!"

"Really?" Brody asked.

"Yeah. And Joe offered me a job." Calvin replied as we looked at him in shock.

"Right on the spot?" Hayley questioned as Calvin nodded.

"That's amazing, Cal!" Hayley exclaimed as she hugged him.

"I guess Joe knows a good thing when he sees it." Sarah added.

"Thanks." Calvin said as Hayley and Sarah giggled.

"Yeah. So I said yes, and..." Calvin trailed off as we were at the Snack Spot. "I'm gonna be working for Joe's Towing, full-time." He finished, showing us his work shirt.

"Um, what about school?" Levi then asked.

"Aiden's right. I mean, it's not uncommon for teenagers like us to have jobs, but it's mostly part-time." I agreed.

"Oh, I'm done. I'm quitting." Calvin replied.

"He's dropping out? Just like that?" I asked in my head. Everyone else was shocked at this news.

"Hi. Uh, can I have a banana smoothie, please?" Calvin said to the person running the Snack Spot.

"What? Babe, you're not even close to being done with high school." Hayley informed.

"Hayles, it's my dream to be a pro mechanic. And here's my chance. Besides, you know that I'm not great at school. It's kinda tough for me." Calvin said.

"Just because school is tough doesn't mean you should give up. I mean, "No pain, no gain," remember?" Preston reminded him.

"Sorry, but being a mechanic is my passion. And Joe says that I know enough and I'm ready." Calvin said as he took his banana smoothie from the woman, thanking her.

"Are you sure about this?" Hayley asked.

"Yes, guys. Guys, I'm sure. Please support me?" Calvin said. Before any of us could reply, Calvin's phone started ringing. He looked at it and sighed.

"I have to go meet Joe. He says the phone's been ringing off the hook with broken down cars. I'll see you guys later." Calvin told us, kissing Hayley's cheek before he walked off.

"Aiden put his career on hold to attend school. Well, that and to focus on being a Ranger. Dropping out of school is a serious thing. Once you make the decision, it's final. I just hope this doesn't come back horribly at him in the future." I thought, worried about my friend.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

All of us were in our training gear with our respective colors as we were outside the base. Brody, Preston, Sarah, and Hayley were practicing their sword formation while Levi and I were sparing.