New Start

"Hey, my name is LeeJiyun and I am 17 years old. I am a demon and I will hit you in the face if I don't like you. Thank you."

Your grandma sighs while shaking her head.

"Please Jiyun, don't fool around. You can't say that on the first day in your new school. If grandpa hears this..." she says while getting comfortable in her chair.

"I know, I'm sorry.." you smile at her innocently.

She smiles back while putting her newspaper away. "You are unbelievable Jiyun"

Your grandma is an very old woman but keeps doing lots of chores. She washes your clothes, she does the dishes.

"But promise me that you will behave on your first day of school." she says on a strict tone.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. You lived in Seoul for your whole life but your grandmother always taught you at home. That means you never been to a 'real' school.

Now she is too old for that and she was able to convince grandfather to let you go to a real school.

"Yes, don't worry. I will behave." you smile while sitting on the couch next to her.

"You know that grandpa won't be happy if you misbehave."

You roll your eyes while sighing.

Your grandpa is alway very strict in everything. He loves you though but he has always been that way.

When you train with him, he is not your grandfather but your master.

Almost every day you train from 6PM till 8PM. It's not like you complain. You like training.

Your grandmother and grandfather are Monsterhunters. That means that they hunt on vampires, werewolves or demons who misbehave badly. Like killing someone. They don't do that anymore, they are too old. But once they killed 'bad' monsters.

Yes, you are a demon. You don't know how that's possible because your grandparents are Monsterhunters.

Being a Monsterhunter is in your blood. You can't just become one. And your family, the Lee family, are Monsterhunters. They protect the humans from them.

Your mother and father were also Monsterhunters. That's what your grandmother tells you. But they don't talk often about them.

To be honest, you can't remember your mother's face neither your father's.

Your were a baby when your grandparents raised you so you don't know anything about your parents.

It's not like you miss them. They probably left you because you were for some reason not a Monsterhunter but a demon. And being a demon is not something to be proud of when you live in a family of Monsterhunters.

You wake up from your daydream when your grandfather walks into the living room.

"Jiyun. We won't train today." 

Your grandpa looks exactly like an kung-fu master. A beard, grey hair, little eyes and short. Also dressed as one.

You stand up. "No! I want to train! Please!"

"Jiyun! Don't raise your voice at me." your grandpa says strict.

You sit down again while pouting. You really want to train. Fighting with an sword, fight stick or a spear is really fun for you.

"C'mon Lee. Don't be so harsh to her. She just likes to train with you." your grandma speaks softly.

Your grandmother calls your grandfather always by the family name. Because his real name is LeeJiKai. For some reason he never liked that name so everyone calls him Lee.