Chapter Eleven

It all happened so fast, you couldn't understand how it
happened.

One minute Dazai was yet again scolding you the next he was on the floor because Atushi knocked him unconscious.

Atushi tugged you out of the apartment you were feeling all kinds of mixed emotions. Relief that your found? Or is Dazai okay?

"(Name) are you alright? What am I asking, you've been through so much and now the agency is upside down since your father disappeared. " he said making you stop dead on your tracks.

"My dad is missing?" You asked, you were both standing on the side walk in the dark night, the wind blowing through your hair.

"Yeah, Kunikida tried to find him but even with Rampo's ultra deduction we still can't find him."

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"The agency. It's the safest place for now." He replied.

You both walked to the agency, you wondered if Dazai was alright.

You both walked in the agency and you saw Kunikida and the gang. "What are you guys doing up so late?" You asked everyone stopped talking and to their surprise they saw you!

"(Name)!" They all said and walked towards you. Naomi gave you a warm hug, not knowing what to do you looked at Atushi, he gestured you to hug Naomi back.

Atushi was probably the only one who knew that you were socially awkward, you were never a butterfly but your father approved of that. Who needs friends? Your father asked.

You hesitantly hugged her back. "We were so worried about you sweetie!" She said.

"Yeah you should have seen poor snort nosed Atushi, he was a mess without his girl!" Kunikida said.

Everybody laughed at Atushi's red face. Atushi glanced at you thinking maybe he'll see your famous smirk's that he so missed, but instead he saw something he has never seen you do.

Cry.

You cried tears of joy, you thought that your friends had abandoned you. Correction! Your family the only people who cared enough for you.

"Are you hurt?!" Atushi panicked.

You smiled at him and replied, "No, no. I'm happy to be back here with you guys. My family."

Atushi gave a relieving sigh. You worried him for a bit.

But a nudging feeling of sadness was creeping at the back of your mind. You were missing someone, someone you had grown attached to. Things just doesn't feel right without him.

"(Name), can i have a word with you for a moment?" Kunikida asked.

"Sure." He pulled you aside from the others. "What is it you want to talk about?" You asked.

"Your father," he said grabbed your full attention. "I believe that his disappearance was the cause of your mother."

As soon as those six letters felt his mouth your heart stopped. Your mother is the only person you feared, for you had impossibly inherited your ability from her.

"Where is she?" You asked.

"We have no clue," he replied.

"Kunikida, since you're in charge and all, I was wondering if you could help me with something." You nervously said.

Kunikida raised his eyebrow, "with what?" He asked.

"I need you to help me kidnap someone." You innocently said.

******
Be kind regarding human frailty—--your own as well.