Chapter Ten

"Na Katastrepsoun." Your grandfather whispered before drawing his last breath

You watched with horror as you saw your grandfather's motionless body on the floor.

" Grandpa?" You gently shook his shoulders. "Wake up!"

Your grandfather's pet cat and parrot were restless.

No matter how roughly you shook his body your grandpa didn't open his eyes.

A familiar sensation filled your whole body, you screamed with pain as you mourned the loss of your grandpa, the only person who showed you love and accepted you for who you are.

You screamed and for the first time you did what your grandfather warned you not to do, you used your ability.

The cat and parrot screamed in pain. You could see the way they were screaming that this was your doing. You got up and neared the cat, you were about to touch it when it's head bursted, it's brain scattered on the floor and your face covered in blood. The same thing happened to the parrot. You got on your knees and cried.

Your mother walked in the front door and saw her father dead, blood was on the wall and all over the white sofa and curtains and you in the mist of the chaos were covered in blood.

"Mother, where are you taking me?" You asked as your mother forcefully tugged your arm. Your mother did not answer instead her gaze fixated on the road.

"Mother where are you taking me?" You repeated. But yet again she didn't answer.

You were about to ask again but she answered you because she was annoyed. " I am taking you to your Father. I am not dealing with you anymore!"

And those were the last words you heard from your mother. Your father took care of you and taught you how you could suppress your emotions.

.

"Tell me why the Hell have you been poisoning me?" You looked at him with rage.

He approached you and roughly grabbed your wrist. "Enough of this!" He said. "I can't take it anymore! You are so spoiled and immature." He said.

You used your free hand and gave Dazai a hard slap across the face.

He nodded angrily and slapped you back. Outraged you yanked your hand away and left.

He ran after and grabbed your waist, "Do you want to die?" He harshly whispered. "Your ability is Na Katastrépsoun, am I right? You are wanted on the black market by powerful people. We're talking corrupt governments, Generals and other power hungry people." He said.

"No one knows about my ability except for my father, I don't even remember how to use it." You said trying to pull away.

"Then how do you suppose that I know about your ability? Your father sold your head!" He said.

This doesn't make sense. Why would my father hand me on a silver platter after he tried so hard to protect me and my ability? You thought. "My Father would never put a price on my head." You said with a shaky voice.

"The reason why I've been drugging you is because you are too active and free. For Pete's sake, you're a hostage. You shouldn't be roaming around freely or inviting strangers in my apartment. That pizza guy I killed was Mori's personal hitman, he delivers people dead or alive." He said.

You stood there speechless. "I don't trust a word you say." You finally said. Dazai sighed out of frustration, "I have a proposal. Take me to the agency so I can talk to the one person who can tell me what's actually going on." You said.

"And who might that be?" Dazai raised his brow.

"My Father."