Chapter Thirty-Two.

"We timed that bloody perfect!" He sighed in relief.

"Why? Was that Trish's car?" She asked but all she got or of him was a grunt. "Take it, even after all these years, you still don't like her then." She laughed.

"I'm forty one years old! She thinks she can mother me!"

"Aww baby...you don't mind me mothering you..." She laughed causing him to grin.

"That's because I'm a perv when it comes to you!" He laughed. "I love a good suckle on..."

"Bloody hell Ben!" She said as her cheeks turned crimson red and he started laughing as they got out of his truck. "So this surprise is at your Dad's house?" She asked changing the subject.

"All will be revealed in about five minutes!" He told her as they walked through the front door. "Dad? We're here!" He shouted.

"I'm out the back!" They heard him shout.

"Right, wait here! I'll call you when you can come out." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

As he walked out the back-door Will came in from the garden.

"Hello love. Everything ok?" He smile at her.

"Hmmm! That remains to be seen." She muttered causing him to laugh.

"You can come out now!" She heard.

"That's my que, here goes nothing." She took a deep breath and headed outside. "Where are you?" she asked as she rounded the corner and gasped in shock!

 "Where are you?" she asked as she rounded the corner and gasped in shock!

"Lottie, I'd like you to meet Bonny!"

The black as coal puppy jumped up and ran to her, nearly knocking her feet from under her. "You are beautiful! Look at you!" She gushed as she sat down on the floor to fuss the pup. Laughing as she was sniffed, licked and climbed all over by the excited pooch. "Ben, she's gorgeous!"

Moving to sit next to them he gave Bonnys head a scratch. "She was the runt of the litter. As soon as my mate told me about her, I got him to keep her until she was old enough and strong enough to come down here. She was tiny! Like, fit in your hand kind of tiny."

"Aww! She's beautiful!" She started scratching behind the pups ears. "Yes, you are. You're beautiful aren't you." She fussed her.

"I think she was ready to come at the perfect time! Might cheer Rosie up a bit." He threw a ball down the garden and they watched her barrel down after it.

"She'll love her! She's wanted a dog since mum and dad got Dex." She told him as she curled in to his side and Bonny came back and lay down next to her. "You might just loose her when we go home though." She let out a chuckle as she stroked her little black head.

"I'm sure we can come to an agreement. Alternate weekends would work for me." They started laughing and Bonnys head popped up to see what was going on. Ben's laughter slowed as he looked down at Charlotte "She can come with you, when the time comes, if it'll make you both happy. She can be your guard dog I guess." He gave her a closed mouth smile. "We should go get her loaded up, plenty of things to do yet." As he stood up he noticed his dad stood in the doorway watching them with a smile on his face. Just ask! He mouthed at him.