Chapter Fifty-Six.

"Ben?" Charlotte whispered as she lay on his chest listening to his heart beating, stroking the light covering of hair that he had

"Hmmm..." He mumbled in his sated, sleepy daze while running his fingers up and down her back lightly.

"What did you mean in my office, when you said you knew something wouldn't work?" She asked as she looked up at him.

Inhaling a deep breath, his eyes opening, he licked his lips as he stared at the ceiling. "I didn't go to the gym Monday night like I told you I did."

"I came to that conclusion after the weird mood you'd been in ever since..." She said as she looked up at him.

"Steve did pick me up though. With Ad, Max and Tom." He paused and looked down at her listening to him. "We wanted to find out where Jack was hiding because some of the guys had seen a strange car hanging around work. He was still at Jen's new house, Ste pointed out the car that the lads had seen and it was Holly, Jen's sisters car."

"Why is he using her car?" Confused as to why she was somehow involved.

"No idea." He shrugged. "They joked about him shagging her behind Jen's back." He let out a little laugh.

"The irony would be brilliant." She smiles.

"Seth turned up..."

"What? To Jen's? To see Jack?" She sat up pulling the duvet with her. "I don't understand."

"Ad managed to get his phone near them and used it like a walkie fucking talkie." He sat up to hug her. "Jack was telling him a load of bull shit about how he was Rosie's dad..."

"What!" She shrieked and jumped up from the bed.

"Babe..." He reached out for her.

"Why the fuck would he say that! It's a lie!" She shouted as she started pacing the room.

"I know! Seth believed him though! He said he wanted to speak to you about seeing her rather than have a custody battle in court."

"Unbelievable! I can't believe this! That's why Seth had been being funny with me? Because of his fucking lies!" Angry tears started to fall down her cheeks.

Getting off of the bed Ben walked to her and wrapped his arms around her, stroking her hair to try calm her down.
"He said he'd let him in tonight, to speak to you because he knew that me and Ste go to the gym on a friday. Max suggested we did like normal while Ad was waiting for him, then we would come back so we could lock him in a room..."

"You knew he'd be there? You knew and you didn't tell me?" She stepped away from him.

"I wanted to tell you about what we heard. I was so angry with Steve for being up for the whole shitty idea but he knew best! I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to leave you there, even though Adam was going to be there! All the fucking good he was! I didn't want you near him!" He grabbed his joggers and put them on. "I was never ok with the ridiculous idea! I wasn't willing to put you in any sort of danger but they all insisted that you'd be safe!" His tone becoming short and agitated.