Chapter Twenty-Two.

It was a little after eight on Thursday morning. Charlotte and Ben, the only ones at work. We're sat on the small sofa in her office drinking coffee. Rosie had asked if she could go to breakfast club at school so that she could see her friends for a bit longer before they went away, as a result they were in earlier than they needed to be.

"Think it's safe to say that we're never going to have sex." He muttered in to his cup as she swung her legs over his lap.

"Don't be so dramatic! You've had plenty of opportunity since Monday. You've just chose to go to sleep..."She smiled as she took a sip of her drink.

Rolling his eyes at the fact shes finding it highly amusing. "Forgive me if I can't bring myself to start anything...My subconscious clearly doesn't want my jewels to have to keep getting excited only to be left feeling blue. It's been like having a bowling ball chained to my..." A loud snort came from her stopping him mid-sentence. "It's not bloody funny Charlotte!" He exclaimed poking her side.

"You're right! Im sorry! Its been just as frustrating for me too." Leaning forward to give him a kiss. "We'll be on holiday by Saturday afternoon, plenty of opportunities to sneak off..." He just frowned and let out a whine before he took another sip of his drink. "Ben..?"

"Im fed of sneaking around! I just don't know how to tell him." She ran her fingers through his hair and gave him a small smile. "Mind you, if he walked in at least I wouldn't have to worry about blue balls again. Because he'd cut them off!" They let out a laugh.

"He's watching Rosie for a bit after school tomorrow, while I go get the last few bits with Tasha and Ellie. I can talk to him about us?" He shook his head."Or why don't you go over too and talk to him? Get him to tidy that bloody beard up while you're there. Its getting on Tash's last nerve."

"Yeah ok. Anyway, I best get going." He said as he heard people arriving. "Things to do. See you tonight." Giving her a quick kiss as he walked out the door and in to his and Steves office.

"Yours could do with a trim too!" She shouted to him before getting ready to start the work day.
********
"You've been staying there for a week and you still haven't done the deed?" Ellie said sceptical of the situation. "You had the perfect opportunity to Monday night!"

"Its not been from lack of trying! Monday, Jesus! So close to it happening, I could feel the tip and then the fucking intercom rang out!" She complained banging her head down on the table. But was brought out of her self-pity party when she heard them laughing loudly.

"Why don't we help make sure it happens on holiday?" Tasha said once her laugh calmed down. They heard bleep bleep.

Its a text from Ben. Charlotte said unlocking her phone and started laughing.

Ben; She wanted to practice, ready for on holiday xxx

Ben; I dont think red is Stes colour though! Xxx

Charl; Look breath taking darling 😉 Hope shes behaving xxx

Ben; If Id known you were in to that kind of thing...😉 xxx

Ben; Shes an angel 😊 Also, fear not, the beards are going! We're off out to the barbers in a minute. He promised her a McDonalds if she stopped putting make up on him :D Xxxx

She turned her phone around to show them what was so amusing. Whilst they laughed at the picture she became so lost in thought she didnt notice them watching her. Her eyes closing and a smile forming on her face.

"You love him!" Tasha squealed bringing her back to reality with a bang.

"What?..."

"She has for years! Just been good at hiding it until now." Ellie chirped.

"Im neither confirming nor denying anything! I am however going to go get something for on holiday." She grinned standing from the table.

They walked down the high street, Charlotte on a mission. She stopped dead in the middle of the pavement causing her sister and sister-in-law to walk in to the back of her. Looking up to see what shop she had stopped outside of to be greeted by Victorias Secret.

"I thought you wanted to sleep with him not kill him off." Tasha laughed.

"We always get interrupted. Its been hard for me so I cant imagine how its been for him! I feel bad! So, Im going to make it up to him. Tomorrow! Our first night there; because I might spontaneously combust if we dont! I'll need you two to help though." Giving them a hopeful smile.

"What do you need us to do?" Ellie grinned.

A huge smile lit up her face as she told them her plan. This year was going to be the best holiday they'd had yet.