Chapter Thirty-Six: Annika

"Thank you for raising such a great son."

"Thanks for making an honest man out of him."

We watch as he twirls my sister around the restaurant we rented out for post-ceremony breakfast.

She sits down. Enzo comes to check on her.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, of course, I am." She says. "Just a little light-headed."

Hands from behind me grip my waist. "Can I steal my bride?"

"Can't steal what's yours, hon."

"Hear that? You're mine."

"That's a two-way street, babe."

"Oh, I'm very happy to be yours."

I rest my cheek on his chest as we sway to the music. Neither of us can dance, but this is nice, just holding each other while being in the moment.

"We have to leave for the port in an hour." I nod against his chest, then reach up to kiss his neck. "Did you dance with everyone?"

"Yeah. You?"

"I did, but I'll grab my mom one more time. Who knows when I'll get the chance to do that again." He kisses my temple. "I love you."

"And I you. Can't wait for the cruise."

"The first day is in the water. What will we do with ourselves."

"I'm drinking piña coladas and getting—"

"Fucked hard by your husband."

"Hard, huh?" I tease. "You're my husband."

"You're my wife, Mrs. Rossi."

"Ooo, say that again."

"Mrs. Rossi." I reach up to kiss him. His lips tease mine. I slide my tongue across his lower lip. "Now now, Mrs. Rossi... we have an audience."

"I think in a year, we should start trying."

"Like knocked up trying?" I nod. He smiles wide, showing off his perfect pearly whites. "I think that's a great idea. Will you need to take hormones?"

"Not right away. We will try the old fashion way first. Just a ridiculous amount of sex."

"I love the sound of that."

When the song is over, he takes his mom away from his dad so that they can dance. She isn't feeling great, so they just rock back and forth.

I picture a little girl standing on his feet as he dances with her. He is going to be one hell of a dad.

~~~~~

"Thanks for inviting us over for dinner. This smells amazing." These Italians and their mad cooking skills. They just want my fat.

It's nice not having to cook. We just got back from the honeymoon, and the last thing I want to do is cook.

I look up at Mom, and she has tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" Silas says when he sees it too.