Kiri the Dweller

A/N: Thank you all for 1k! I really wasn't expecting his when I logged in today. I hope you all are enjoying this book! Have a good day!

——

You sighed as you stood near the bridge leading back to Subcon Village. You didn't want to go back to Snatcher, because knowing him, he would most likely be angry that you didn't complete the contract.

You turned your head towards a purple tree, not too far from where you were. You headed over, sitting down and crossing your legs.

Once you were comfortable, your little dweller friend uncurled from your arm and hovered in front of you. It's mask looked like the rest of the dwellers, except that it had green markings and two pointy spikes on either side of its head.

You stared at it, thinking. "You need a name."

It stared back at you, waiting for its name.

"How about... Kiri?" You looked at it, watching it jump up and down in the air. You giggled at its response, going and gently rubbing its head.

It's tail swayed back and forth with happiness.

"You're cute, Kiri. Thanks for coming with me." You smiled at him (that's what you decided to call it) and he bobbed up and down again.

You decided that it was time to head back. As you stood up, Kiri wrapped around your arm again. You smiled at him, then began heading back.

You saw Snatcher's trap and stood in it yet again, watching the scenery change to blacks and purples. The tall noodle ghost appeared in front of you, and he blinked.

"Did you do it?"

You shook your head. "I couldn't get in, and there were these creepy gargoyles..." you said quietly, poking your fingers together as you looked away from him.

A small sigh came from him as he floated over to you, bending down and wrapping his long arms around you.

To your surprise, they were soft and fluffy. Warm, as well. You loved the feel and decided to embrace him, too. You buried your face in his fluffy chest, snuggling him.

Before long, you realized warm tears were running down your cheeks. You didn't want to let go of him. You wanted to stay in his arms.

He unwrapped his arms from around you and noticed your tears. "Hey, why are you crying?" He asked softly, using one of his claws to wipe your cheek. "It's okay."

You only clenched his fur, sobbing quietly.

"Kid, it'll be okay." He tried to comfort you. He wasn't the best at helping others, let's be honest.

You shook your head.

"I-I didn't complete the contract..." you muttered into his fur. "I don't want to d-die."

He only frowned.

His ominous grin had turned upside down and kept his arms around you. He had to admit, the mansion was a dangerous place. He was pretty sure a Mafia Man went in and never came out.

"It's going to be okay. You don't need to finish the contract, okay?" He looked down at you, gently stroking the back of your head.

You looked up at him, sighing quietly. "Are you sure..?" You asked, wiping your tears.

He nodded. "If you want to try again, I'll let you. But this time, ask your dweller friend for some help." He pointed to Kiri, then looked at you. "You'll be okay."

You nodded as a small sigh escaped you. Then, you wiped your tears and looked up at Snatcher with Kiri by your side.

"I'm going back."

——

Once you had arrived back at the manor, you knew not to go to the front door. You looked around for a bit, not seeing another entrance.

"Hey, Kiri?" You called as his head perked up. "Can you see if you can find another entrance?"

He nodded before wrapping around your arm as he began to glow.

"Kiri, what are you-"

Then you saw an entrance in your mind.

You walked over to the back of the house, seeing that the door to the cellar was open. You took a big breath before heading inside.

——

It was wet.

Very wet.

You were in the flooded cellar, and it had a disgusting smell. The water was murky and brown, and there were huge wine barrels.

You saw a staircase near the door and headed up, very carefully.

Who knows what would be waiting for you?

Or,

who.