Resting

You huffed as you sat in Snatcher's chair when he offered it to you. You clenched your teeth, looking to your ankle and sighing, feeling the pain shoot up your leg.

You looked to Snatcher, seeing that his expression looked concerned.

It was weird to see a ghost that has killed many, many people to look concerned.

"Snatcher?" You looked to him, watching as he turned towards you. "Are you worried about me?"

He blinked, then folded his long arms. "Of course I'm not. I just need to make sure you can fill out your contractual obligations." He looked to you, narrowing his eyes.

You quirked a brow.

He huffed, unfolding his arms. "So, maybe I am." He rolled his eyes, somehow. "I like to make sure my contractors are alright and able to work."

"Aw, that's nice Snatcher." You smiled at him, then wincing at your pain. You looked to Snatcher as he held a cast in one of his hands and bandages in the other.

He slowly floated over to you, bending down and wrapping your foot in the bandage. Once he was finished his slipped your foot into the cast.

You looked at him as he finished, then he stood up, looking at you. You gave him a gentle smile before looking to a small record player sitting on a small stand.

"Woah, is that a record player?" You looked to Snatcher, clear wonder and excitement in your eyes. "Those thing are super rare!"

He looked at you, his eyes wide before turning to the record player. He floated over to it, pulling open the drawer underneath it. He stuck his hand inside, pulling out a record sleeve. He took the record out, then placed it on the player, then gently set the needle on it.

The player started to play a song. It resembled rock in a way but it wasn't like heavy metal. It was softer, yet still having the electric guitar and bass.

You found yourself tapping to the beat of the song as you watched Snatcher put the sleeve away. You watched as he floated over to you, standing way above you.

He scooped you up in his noodle-like arms and sat down in the chair.

"Tell anyone about this and I'm taking your soul." He said bluntly, holding you close to his chest.

You nodded, not very scared at all.

You were relaxed in his arms. He was rather fluffy for a ghost, and he was warm as well. He may look mean but deep down, he has a heart.

——

After a bit of resting in Snatcher's arms, you had fallen asleep. The ghost watched over you as you rested, gently humming along to the current track that was playing.

He pulled the contract from your pocket, reviewing it with slightly narrowed eyes. He realized that you had completed all of the missions in two and a half days.

That was record time.

He looked back to you, a small chuckle escaping him as he gently ruffled your hair. He rolled up the contract, then it disappeared, and two others appeared. He studied them for a moment before quickly taking one and putting it away.

It seemed like that one wasn't a good choice.

He looked over the contract, nodding to himself.

It seemed to be a mission where you needed to deliver mail to his minions. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

He set the contract aside, yawning quietly before resting back on the chair. He closed his eyes, and in no time, he had fallen asleep as well.

——

The following morning, you had woken up early, seeing that Snatcher was still asleep. He had his long arms wrapped around you, almost preventing you from getting up. You struggled in his grasp, trying to get out of his grasp but failing.

He has a strong grip for a ghost.

You looked outside, because the walls were broken and there was no door, and saw a kid with a top hat and cape appear from thin air.

You decided not to question how, and just ask for help.

"Kid!" You whispered soft enough so Snatcher would wake up.

The girl turned around, seeing you and giggled as she made her way over. She looked at you.

"Can you help me get out of his grasp?" You asked, sighing. "Please."

The girl nodded, somehow lifting one of his arms. You slid off of his lap and stood on the floor, thanking her silently.

"What's your name?" You asked, looking to her.

"Hat Kid."