Chapter 7

A/N: hey guys! I'm sorry for the delay on this chapter! I got a bit busy and I'm kinda stuck on what I want to do with the book. But thank you guys so much for 400 reads!! Have a good day!

After crying for a bit, you got back on the scooter and drove, your ankle throbbing as you did so. Once you arrived back at Snatcher's house, you got up off the scooter, your ankle throbbing with pain.

Nonetheless, you pushed past it, grabbing the book from the bag attached to the scooter, slowly making your way over to Snatcher's mushroom home.

You peeked in where the door was supposed to be, seeing Snatcher sitting in his chair with his large book. You slowly limped inside, looking up at Snatcher, watching as he looked down at you.

"Oh, hey, kid." He closed his book, standing up and setting it down. "You're back pretty late. I could've delivered the mail in an hour, tops."

You growled as you looked up at him, throwing the contract at him. "Then why didn't you?!" You yelled at him, your blood boiling. "I drove around the whole village looking for your stupid minions when you could've done this yourself!"

He flinched as the contract hit his arm. What could you say? You had a strong throwing arm.

"You make me do all of these stupid things when you could easily do it yourself!" You pointed at him. "You have a bunch of minions who obey you and will fight for you, but you make humans do the work for absolutely no reason!"

You moved closer to him, pushing a finger to his chest.

"You're nothing but a coward."

He laughed, grabbing you by your shirt and holding you off the ground as he laughed.

"You think you can call me a coward?" He growled, clutching your shirt in his claws. "You think you can tell me what to do?"

A small whine escaped you as you shook your head, tears beginning to form on the edges of your eyes.

"I-I'm Sorry!" You choked silently, looking at him with pure fear in your eyes. "P-Please don't kill me..."

He stared at you, lifting a non-existent brow. "Fine." He dropped you onto the floor.

"Say anything again and you'll be dead."

You quivered slightly, nodding as tears ran down your cheeks. "I-I apologize." You said softly, standing up and wiping your tears, but they kept coming.

He only rolled his eyes, folding his arms as a chair appeared next to Snatcher's.

"Sit in the chair." He ordered, looking at you.

You nodded, quickly and painfully moving over to the chair and sitting down.

A small leg rest appeared in front of the chair as well.

"Put your leg up."

You obeyed, lifting your leg in the cast onto the leg rest. He leaned over to look at it, beginning to remove the cast. Once the cast had been removed, the ghost blinked.

"It's noting too serious. Your ankle is just swollen from being overused." He said, gently setting your leg on the rest. "Just relax and rest tonight."

You nodded, yawning quietly as you watched Snatcher stood up, heading to the small kitchen.

You were completely exhausted. Your leg was still in slight pain, but not as bad before. You closed your eyes, resting your head back on the chair.

You slowly drifted off, beginning to snore lightly as you slept.

——

Once Snatcher came back from the kitchen, he was holding two cups of tea. He looked at you, huffing as he rolled his eyes.

He set one cup back in the kitchen, then sat back down in his large chair. He sipped his tea as he read his large book, then looked to you.

He picked up the contract on the floor, seeing that it was complete. He snapped lightly, the contract disappearing and two more appearing.

"These are too dangerous..." he muttered to himself, looking between the contracts. He sighed, taking one as the other disappeared.

Once he finished his tea, he set the contract on the table near him, then rested back and drifted off as well.

It was a tiring day.