Scarlet Rose:Prologue

Prologue

____________

Lexi's lungs were burning,they felt as if someone had set them on fire.She was running so fast that her shoes had broke,but she could't stop running. She refused to stop running,because if she stopped,her life would be over. She could still hear Derek's words replaying over and over in her head. It was just way to weird and unbelievable. She couldn't have heard him right, it just wasn't possible. Yet, he said it twice, and she heard him say it in her head over 20 times...but,she just couldn't she refused to believe the truth..she couldn't be what he said. They dont exist, they cant exist.Here She Was,running through the woods, blood on her feet, herdress ripped,her hair messed up. She was just about to go out into the trail when she heard a scream. It was the most terrifying scream she had ever heard, she could practically feel the girl's pain herself. She tripped over a tree stump, it was painful but at the same time relaxing to lay down. As much as she would love to relax, she had to keep running.

"Lexi!!!" she didn' want to turn around,she knew who she had to face if she did,she knew what she had to face if she turned around.

"Lexi, you know if you keep running, especially if you're bleeding, they'll find you."

"How do i know you're not leading them to find me? How do i know you have'nt been planning this from the moment you meant me? Huh!?"

"There is so much you don't know.."

"NO! I know all i need to know,you're just like them and you want to kill me just like the rest of them!"

"NO!" His voice had anger that she had never hear before,she knew she should just listen before he gets back to his edge and hurts her.

"Fine then...tell me what or who you are, or how you're any different than the rest of them"

"It's always been this way,you having to die before i can even explain.."

"what are you talking abo-" her sentence cut out when her heart stopped beating.